Ford Focus ST Forum banner

Zenec Being Fitted

4K views 55 replies 16 participants last post by  Alb 
#1 ·
As from the above description would just like ppls opinions of the head unit i have bought and is being fitted on friday, am really excited!! I tried the Retro fit and it just wasnt happening what a waste of time!! So instead ive forked out a fair bit for this all in one bit of kit!!

Below are some pictures
but i will upload some more of it in my car this friday!!

Let me know what you lot think, here is the link as well to there site. I know its not a well known make like alpine and kenwood, however its not like those cheap ones from japan. its a proper German, well known make in Europe and they have just ventured into the UK market.

Zenec NC 3810

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
QUOTE(Mart170 @ 23 Feb 2010, 10:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Seen these myself, if I had the cash I'd have one in a flash! Post up when it's fitted matey and tell us what you think!

Cheers pal yeah i will do cant wait till its in, this friday around 5 o clock it will be all in, then will take some snaps for ya!! glad u like it, some other members dont like it, jus want ppls comments. good thing is its half the price of the ford factory one and is loads better!!
the functions and options are better than i thought, for starters it an LED screen. ill show u it in the flesh if were ever at a meet!! whens ur next one?

#7 ·
QUOTE(BenGy-ST @ 25 Feb 2010, 12:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Cheers pal yeah i will do cant wait till its in, this friday around 5 o clock it will be all in, then will take some snaps for ya!! glad u like it, some other members dont like it, jus want ppls comments. good thing is its half the price of the ford factory one and is loads better!!
the functions and options are better than i thought, for starters it an LED screen. ill show u it in the flesh if were ever at a meet!! whens ur next one?

I like the fact that it looks factory fitted and of a high quality, I have a few East of England meets coming up, but I might be moving to the East Midlands in next few months so may even join in a few of your meets!

#8 ·
QUOTE(HollST @ 25 Feb 2010, 08:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Get some pics up Bengy - I keep checking them online - I think they look great but they're pretty pricey (especially with a wedding to pay for this year
)

Look forward to your next update!

Cheers lads excited now its being fitted 2morro @ 4!!! Am good mates with the fitter etc so im in the ill be in the workshop when its being done and will take a few pics for u lot!! Any requests for pics mid fitting?
Yeah well its not cheap but its cheaper and better than the blaunpkupt ford one. well under half the price!! Get ur misses other half to pay for it, i thought thats tradition? Dont worry the pics will be up soon!!
Awesome mate let me know if u move? where abouts to? Dazz is the east mindlands staff so the next meet for the east midlands is on the 21st march!! My car is booked in for mountune to!! Finally hey hollST!! lol

#11 ·
Apologies lads! Yes it is fitted and omg its amazing its got everything u want! The sat nav is the best I've used!
With 3D maps it has everything
The bluetooth is good no glitches there u can even add voice control! The dvd player and screen are top notch,
With it being LED! U have full ford oe steering controls. The ipod control is good u can
Play music and videos! There an sd card slot upto 8gig it comes with a 4gig usb stick to
I love how it looks totally oe! There's so many functions!
Right yet again a big sorry for:

1) Late reply and a
detailed right up! I'm on my blackberry stuck in sheffield lol
2) There being no pics yet but if u lads can wait till sunday when I'm home and have a
Pc and camera to hand they will be up in a flash.

My honest opinion is if u have the money and an oval sony cd player get this, it does everything!
$ore detail and pics 2mo! Cheers guys!!

#12 · (Edited by Moderator)
QUOTE(BenGy-ST @ 27 Feb 2010, 10:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Apologies lads! Yes it is fitted and omg its amazing its got everything u want! The sat nav is the best I've used!
With 3D maps it has everything
The bluetooth is good no glitches there u can even add voice control! The dvd player and screen are top notch,
With it being LED! U have full ford oe steering controls. The ipod control is good u can
Play music and videos! There an sd card slot upto 8gig it comes with a 4gig usb stick to
I love how it looks totally oe! There's so many functions!
Right yet again a big sorry for:

1) Late reply and a
detailed right up! I'm on my blackberry stuck in sheffield lol
2) There being no pics yet but if u lads can wait till sunday when I'm home and have a
Pc and camera to hand they will be up in a flash.

My honest opinion is if u have the money and an oval sony cd player get this, it does everything!
$ore detail and pics 2mo! Cheers guys!!

Sounds good mate !!! how much and where did you buy the unit from ?

Get some pics !!!!

#13 · (Edited by Moderator)
Right the time has finally come!! haha, I'm home and have taken some pics and i hope there good enough. If u want any more just ask!!! I have taken pictures of the:
  1. Ipod, DVD and radio function
  2. The main menu, which is spread over tow pics
  3. Sat nav of london, in 3D. The trip computer and the speed, distance and ETA compass
  4. The bluetooth function paired up to my mobile
Thats it for now, if you want more just ask.

The media functions are amazing easy to operate, its a DAB radio and i love the function where it tells u which song is playing and which DJ is on.

It can read the videos and music files on ur ipod and is very simple to find them.

The sat nav is really good having the choice of 3D or 2D view quick and easy to calculate the route and is very up to date. it can also do split screen and PIP (picture in picture) with either dvd or ipod

The hands free is very good connects via bluetooth and then synchronizes all ur contacts so there easily selectable.

It can kit this unit out more and buy the accessories so u have things such as TV and reverse camera there are some more check out the site.

I would recommend this head unit, even though it is a tad pricey at £950 to £1100 depending where you go. it has everything and is the latest one out, and is dedicated to ford.

I cant fault this unit one bit!!It really does complete the inside of the
and i love how it looks factory!Please let me know if u want more pics or info about it!! Cheers lads for ur patience.

Zenec NC3810

Attachments

#18 ·
Yes mate it is simple to update u see on the front (it might b a tad too dark) there is an SD
Slot which u use to update the sat nav, very simple.
It is very user friendly and love it! I forgot to mention it also plays divx which is very handy!

I have played with it enough yet mate so I'm not sure whether the leds can be chnaged but will let
U know in due tine!
It also comes with 2 remotes and a usb stick, can't wait to get the music videos playing!
What is wrong with my max speed!
I went to germany lol
Apologies about the reply I'm on the mobile again!

#20 ·
Cheers lads for the compliments I'm lovin it! To answer ur questions HollST mate u have a
Choice of an external or internal mic to use from I'm using an external, its been put where the
Oe one is!
The sound quality is top notch mate!! Its a great head unit tht has OE looks but aftermarket functions
And quality! Its loads better then the OE units available for ST!

I don't hate u mate well I do cuz I haven't got mountune lol!

Why shud I delete it? I don't know why it is saying tht figure?!
Will I get in trouble?

#22 ·
QUOTE(BenGy-ST @ 1 Mar 2010, 12:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Cheers lads for the compliments I'm lovin it! To answer ur questions HollST mate u have a
Choice of an external or internal mic to use from I'm using an external, its been put where the
Oe one is!
The sound quality is top notch mate!! Its a great head unit tht has OE looks but aftermarket functions
And quality! Its loads better then the OE units available for ST!

I don't hate u mate well I do cuz I haven't got mountune lol!

LOL!

Why shud I delete it? I don't know why it is saying tht figure?!
Will I get in trouble?

Where'd you put the media box - in the glovebox or in the armrest/centre console?

Can you change the backgound picture?

GROUP BUY GROUP BUY GROUP BUY

Looks mint mate, thanks for pics and answers

Just looked at the pictures again . . . .hate you

#25 ·
Cheers lads i hate u 2 cuz uve got engine mods i havent lol!! Just u wait haha. Right to answer the questions.

Currently the media box is in my glove compartment, i have just bought a male to female usb extension cable so the media box can be put in the centre arm rest and hidden by the ford ipod holder i bought so it looks all factory fit!! and that is being done this friday! ill show u a pick of what it will look like in the centre arm rest!

Would u like me to arrange a group buy? Im sure i could!!
I bought it from car electronics in leicester, give them a call, it cost £50 to get it fitted!

Wot other questions were there oh yeah is that meet on the 21st march?? if so then yeah ill be there!
Has anyone got ne other questions? if so fire away! anyone want specific pics?
HollST mate dont get married prolong the engragement and buy this unit!!

Attachments

#26 ·
QUOTE(BenGy-ST @ 1 Mar 2010, 07:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Cheers lads i hate u 2 cuz uve got engine mods i havent lol!! Just u wait haha. Right to answer the questions.

Currently the media box is in my glove compartment, i have just bought a male to female usb extension cable so the media box can be put in the centre arm rest and hidden by the ford ipod holder i bought so it looks all factory fit!! and that is being done this friday! ill show u a pick of what it will look like in the centre arm rest!

Would u like me to arrange a group buy? Im sure i could!!
I bought it from car electronics in leicester, give them a call, it cost £50 to get it fitted!

Wot other questions were there oh yeah is that meet on the 21st march?? if so then yeah ill be there!
Has anyone got ne other questions? if so fire away! anyone want specific pics?
HollST mate dont get married prolong the engragement and buy this unit!!

Yea can you try and arrenge a group buy, and where will the usb extension cable go ? from the media box to the holder ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.