Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am 40years old have never had an acident had no fixed penalties have full no claims and had my UK license 20 years, my Girlfirend is on the car, named driver shes 28 UK license 10 years no fixed penalties no accidents, can see the mods to my car below all quotes given to me are between £560-£700 is this about right what do you pay?

·
Registered
557 Posts
Need to look for insurance again myself as my insurer actually cancelled my policy last november
I have only just realised (major ****up they even sent me a new schedule after, cowboys). They requoted me today 700 odd quid, it was 450. They told me it has gone up because of accidents!!
Id had enough so they can stick it.

However, last nite my mrs. done a quote on gocompare and got insurance quotes for 450ish (no mods though, no accidents in 5yrs, 31yrs old)

Im sorting mine tommorow but when I last declared my mods on the major (3 months ago) comparison websites ie gocompare it went up to 600+ which shows its probably not best to use comparison sites for that (but give it a try eithway).

Have you tried the pinned (mod friendly hopefully) insurance companies on here (top of thread listing) , I am going to. Companies like adrian flux, greenlight etc. that is what my next move is because as soon as I add a mod I dread phoning them to declare it (sometimes getting numptys on the phone
) so will be looking at car modding insurance companys as its not worth the risk of not declaring being the way they can be!

EDIT: took so long to type this post that you had replies about the last bit

·
Registered
280 Posts
QUOTE(bully09 @ 13 Jan 2010, 05:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I am 40years old have never had an acident had no fixed penalties have full no claims and had my UK license 20 years, my Girlfirend is on the car, named driver shes 28 UK license 10 years no fixed penalties no accidents, can see the mods to my car below all quotes given to me are between £560-£700 is this about right what do you pay?
Try somewhere else mate. The Insurance guy obviously thought he's 40 & his other halfs 28. Let's sting him

·
Registered
557 Posts
QUOTETry somewhere else mate. The Insurance guy obviously thought he's 40 & his other halfs 28. Let's sting him

Yep the operator was clearly jealous try phoning again

QUOTE(Katie07 @ 13 Jan 2010, 07:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Mines £430.00 with the 260 upgrade.

Think that is so easy for insurance to get their head around though. If you give them a list of mods some find it hard work, where the `st260 upgrade` is a car listing in itself!

·
Registered
487 Posts
QUOTE(DeanST @ 13 Jan 2010, 08:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Yep the operator was clearly jealous try phoning again

Think that is so easy for insurance to get their head around though. If you give them a list of mods some find it hard work, where the `st260 upgrade` is a car listing in itself!

Yes it does make it so much easier.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Try somewhere else mate. The Insurance guy obviously thought he's 40 & his other halfs 28. Let's sting him

I was going to say it but i thought someone else would, when im 40 i hope i get the same luck

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
QUOTE([email protected] @ 13 Jan 2010, 08:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Please ring us back & tell the team what you've been quoted.

And they'll then tell you that because you have DS that they cant insure you, (same thing happened to me YESTERDAY!)

Try Adrian Flux, its worth a call at least. Mine was £485 with my 25yo mrs on there and all mods, 60 day eu cover, protected no claims, key cover, etc etc

·
Registered
218 Posts
That seems high mate. have you tried going onto the web comparison places and doing yourself a few different quotes, one as you are and one without the missus just to see what it is that is causing the high price
You can just go back and amend quotes by a series of deduction and figure out what it is that is giving you the high quotes
Put yourself as being in different postcodes, having different jobs etc and it might become obvious what the problem is

'm not saying lie to your insurer by he way..just suggesting ways of finding out why your quotes are high before you buy!

Mine is a mere £320 for both me and the missus on a decent policy with all the bells and whistles and protected ncd. I'm 36, the missus is 35 with full ncd etc
Haven't got any mods though either

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.