Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Ford Focus ST 2.5 -- 5 Cylinder -- Turbo -- Year 2009
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, what can be the issue that i feel in night like i dont have good light output of xenons?

It feels like the xenons dont go up much (i mean from no light posistion to light) so my lights only lights like 1-2 meters from car.

Also the xenon lens are "milky" like in photo (index.jpg) - i have the "before"

Attachments

·
Registered
2007 3dr Focus ST performance blue
41 Posts
Hi,
Not really sure I get what is the issue. The milky lenses issue its caused by paint burning of the plastic reflector.
The light distance issue may be caused by broken leveling sensor which can cause the headlights to dip down.

For the first problem you can check this guide

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I mean it feels like you said the leveling is broken and it just go up only about 1-2 cm so i hardly see only about 1-2m in front of me in night

·
Registered
2007 3dr Focus ST performance blue
41 Posts
Usually the front one snaps and its also the easiest to check (its in front of the strut on the right side). The rear one is also on the right side, but towards the rear of the car and can be quite hard to check without crawling under the car.
Automotive fuel system Motor vehicle Automotive tire Gas Automotive exterior
Tire Automotive tire Hood Wheel Automotive lighting

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I had summer wheels 18" and now it is 16" for winter, could it be that? I thought it would auto adjust the lights, but as i didnt driven in summer in night i only spotted it now

·
Registered
168 Posts
I had summer wheels 18" and now it is 16" for winter, could it be that? I thought it would auto adjust the lights, but as i didnt driven in summer in night i only spotted it now
Like you, I have noticed this myself. My Xenons needed replacement anyway, but after replacement I could see that it was aiming quite low - this is due to having lowered the car. There is a white hex slot on the topside of each headlamp unit, rotating that will adjust the base level of them; of course, do not lift them too high as to blind other users by accident!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Like you, I have noticed this myself. My Xenons needed replacement anyway, but after replacement I could see that it was aiming quite low - this is due to having lowered the car. There is a white hex slot on the topside of each headlamp unit, rotating that will adjust the base level of them; of course, do not lift them too high as to blind other users by accident!
Tomorrow i am going try it adjust based on friend ST so will see what the result will be :D will send photos if i succeed :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts