Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right so I switch of the engine and after say 2 minutes there will be a loud compression noise around the glove box area. It almost sounds like an airbag is being squished, or something is decompressing. The sound usually lasts for about 4 seconds. Your help would be muchos apreciatos

·
Registered
9 Posts
QUOTE(GeoNo1 @ 4 Feb 2010, 12:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Right so I switch of the engine and after say 2 minutes there will be a loud compression noise around the glove box area. It almost sounds like an airbag is being squished, or something is decompressing. The sound usually lasts for about 4 seconds. Your help would be muchos apreciatos

Yeah Iv'e been wondering what that is to, sounds like air bag disarming or something???????.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE(SpacemanST @ 4 Feb 2010, 09:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>its not a burst oi diaphram is it? they discharge the pressure when the engine is switched off.

I dont think so. It sounds very mechanical. Exactly what bab said, sounds like the passenger airbag is disarming and being stowed away after its been all squished up haha

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE(STEO @ 4 Feb 2010, 10:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>its your A/C Climate unit, nothing to worry about

Cheers

ah well that makes sense
, what is it doing. I wasn't worried since it sounded like it was doing something important

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
QUOTE(SpacemanST @ 4 Feb 2010, 09:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>its not a burst oi diaphram is it? they discharge the pressure when the engine is switched off.

The Oil diaphram is on the front of the engine nearer towards the drivers side if my memory is correct.

·
Super Moderator
MK3 Focus RS Nitrous Blue
8,494 Posts
There is a vent in the glove box to keep it cool so this is probably the noise never heard it myself

1 - 10 of 10 Posts