Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2019 AMG C43
13,348 Posts
Only 2500 left hand drive models being made, makes it a bit of a collectors edition.

·
Super Moderator
2019 AMG C43
13,348 Posts
Another five door hot hatch. Seems they're getting popular
Sounds very nice, but at over £35k it should be!

·
Registered
988 Posts
Bodykit is nice but the decals just aren't, wheels are very fitting aswell.

Quite biased on this one as I test drove a Polo GTi 3 times before I started looking at ST's, at the time I wanted one so badly but had a real love/hate relationship with the gearbox. Basically, give me this WRC version with no decals (just badging), the 1.4 TFSI (far as I'm concerned it's quick enough standard let alone a remap......216bhp was a mates results) and a manual box, I might just have to buy one instantly, oh and of course getting rid of those god awful tartan seats!

Apart from the little gripes I had with it I loved it.................................until I drove an ST that I didn't think I could afford, although you could argue that spending £15k (against the £10k I spent buying my ST) on a Polo was pure madness

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
It's a nice car, but I wouldn't swap it.

A 40+ grand Audi A1 is ridiculous. Rapid, but ridiculous. Rather buy a second hand GTR.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Someone shoot me down if I'm wrong but isn't this the car designed by the same guy who has been doing the RS and ST's up until the release of the new MK3 ST which he thoroughly disapproved of?? He was then offered a job at VW and now will be making bonkers cars like this for them, apparently they are giving him more freedom.

Also I read a wee while ago that he had his hands in a possible new golf using audi's 2.5t 5pot.

EDIT: Just done some googling and found some reference to him - http://www.autoblog....gen-motorsport/ this might be the guy i read about a while ago.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts