Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all just seeing if anyone else has had this problem went out to the car after work last night opened the car with the remote , got in and pressed the power start button and nothing happened there was no power at all no lights .
AA came out jump the car and said that there was a issue with the battery , this the second time in four months that this has happened , the car was recovered to my local ford dealership out of hours i spoke to them this morning and they say that they would not look at it until the 4 at the earliest , now just for you information this car is only 10 months old .

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Im currently experiencing a similar problem. Strange its happening on a 10month old car. There is a few things it could be as iam finding out myself lol. It could be duff starter motor, battery, alternator etc theres many things that can cause it. I take it yours still has warrenty as mine doesnt so id be interested to find out what it is. Here is a link to my topic if you wanted to take a look.

http://www.focusstoc.com/forums/Starting-P...ain-t62097.html

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just got my car back from the dealership after getting ford customer services to speak with the dealer , can't fault the service I got from ford customer services just a shame that I don't get the same service from the dealership, any way the garage said that it was a duff battery so they would replace , they ordered a new one which turned out to have the wrong connections so had to order a new one , this just goes to show what I have to deal .
What I don't understand is that I first time this car broke down was five months after registration the AA came out to the car jumped it and it seemed ok, just under five months it breaks down with the same issue , so how come it did't need a battery when it first broke down and also surely if I was having battery issue I would get a battery warning light our some kind of warning ?
So I am left with that nagging feeling is the car fixed our will it break down again

·
Banned
6,700 Posts
Could have been that the battery's been struggling for a while - I guess the AA will try and get you going and if that works they don't investigate further to see if the battery is in tip-top condition.

The battery light is more likely to come up from a problem with the alternator, it'll be measuring the crarging provided by the alternator but isn't sophisticated enough to test the overall ability of the battery to hold a charge. Especially if this is relying on the very power source which is failing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts