Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I would post this up incase anyone else gets annoyed by the seemingly random last wipe of the blades that happens a few seconds after you wash the windscreen (or for that matter when your fluid is frozen and you want to stop the blades rubbing the muck across a dry windscreen).

I know it is supposed to help get any residual water sometimes but often it smears the almost dry window, however if you push the stick down as if you were going to do a single quick wipe of the screen whilst they are moving the first time they will stop straight away. Found this by accident last night - could have done with it in the snow/sleet/grit/frozen windscreen wash weeks....

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
QUOTE(AlanK @ 22 Jan 2010, 09:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Just thought I would post this up incase anyone else gets annoyed by the seemingly random last wipe of the blades that happens a few seconds after you wash the windscreen (or for that matter when your fluid is frozen and you want to stop the blades rubbing the muck across a dry windscreen).

I know it is supposed to help get any residual water sometimes but often it smears the almost dry window, however if you push the stick down as if you were going to do a single quick wipe of the screen whilst they are moving the first time they will stop straight away. Found this by accident last night - could have done with it in the snow/sleet/grit/frozen windscreen wash weeks....

Top Tip Alan

Didnt realise it did this, But i wouldnt as my car only comes out to play in the sun

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
cracking tip, thanks! I hate that stupid final wipe and now I can stop it, W00T

... you best not be yanking our chains sunny

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QUOTE(yoinkster @ 22 Jan 2010, 10:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>... you best not be yanking our chains sunny

I just hope it is standard on all cars now as I have the auto wipe option as its a new 2010 model....

·
Captain Slow
16,287 Posts
Excellent find sir
that last wipe really get's on my nerves!

QUOTE(Harmy2010 @ 22 Jan 2010, 10:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
18 months of ownership and you may have solved my biggest annoyance!

Try nearly three years

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
QUOTE(Alb @ 22 Jan 2010, 01:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>This has been posted before but it's worth reiterating.
I did a quick search just incase but found nothing and at least a few folk have found it usefull

Maybe worth a sticky in the appropriate forum or what about a list of usefull tips in general. like how the seats are 'supposed' to have a memory and that the turbo gauge does not go past half on standard cars?

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
QUOTE(AlanK @ 22 Jan 2010, 01:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I did a quick search just incase but found nothing and at least a few folk have found it usefull

Maybe worth a sticky in the appropriate forum or what about a list of usefull tips in general. like how the seats are 'supposed' to have a memory and that the turbo gauge does not go past half on standard cars?

http://www.focusstoc.com/forums/Courtesy-Wipe-t50342.html

1 - 20 of 38 Posts