Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wiper blades are making that annoying rubbing sound on the windscreen but the blade is still doing its job. The blade is not ripped or worn. I thought it was just the cold weather as 2 guys at work cars are doing the same.

My MOT is on Saturday and i dont know weather to replace them or not.

These are on Ford parts and say they have a wear indicator
Any one know where? I've not been outside yet to measure but will these fit the ST; http://www.fordpartsuk.com/shop/focus_fron...kit_rhd_997.htm

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
mine are the same ,you may find that the very low temps have made the rubber go a bit brittle ie harder than they was hence scrapeing noise .
i beleieve the wear indicaters are on top of wipers and its a badge/sticker of some kind that changes colour or something ,when it changes colour its supposed to mean renewall time i think .
hope this helps you out .

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE(mikehaz4 @ 17 Jan 2010, 12:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>that looks like the mk1 Focus set mate,

the mk2 set are £30 ex vat mate

try europarts if you've got 1 near you then no waiting for delivery
think they're about £31 inc vat

Mike

Just measured must be mk1. ST 's are 27" and 16"

QUOTE(glennboysst3 @ 17 Jan 2010, 12:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>mine are the same ,you may find that the very low temps have made the rubber go a bit brittle ie harder than they was hence scrapeing noise .
i beleieve the wear indicaters are on top of wipers and its a badge/sticker of some kind that changes colour or something ,when it changes colour its supposed to mean renewall time i think .
hope this helps you out .

I'll have a look Glen chears.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
These are the ones you want: (26 / 17inch)

http://www.fordpartsuk.com/shop/focus_fron...kit_rhd_998.htm

I used to use the Ford ones but the indicator just started bugging me. It is on the edge of the mounting block that faces the driver. It is a small triangle that eventually goes rusty coloured to tell you to change them. Thing is, this change happens after a few months and I personally don't bother changing them for 12-18months (or more) and as such a rusty triangle is just annoying. I have now gone for the Halfords own brand although I think you can get the Bosch ones online for a similar price.

Ford ones are cheaper I think....as long as you buy the joint pack.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
I have a feeling that the ones they supply with the car don't have the indicator but the ones you buy from the dealers do have em. I tried buying ones without the indicator but it was all they have.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts