Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I decided after seeing an EO ST wrapped in the 'show us your wrap' thread that I would try my hand at it and do just my mirrors as anything else seems a bit to modified looking for me!
I went to a sign shop an got a square meter (ish) of satin black vinyl and went home to consult youtube for ideas and i have to say it came up trumps this time and there were a cpl of great how to videos on this.

However when i set about to it, its ALOT harder than it looks!

I first tried it while the mirrors were on the car but one i took the heat off the wrap, it went hard and crispy and was unworkable. I put this down to the extra cold weather atm and decided to pull the orange mirror cover off and do it in the kitchen! This was alot easier as the kitchen was good and warm, i preheated the mirror plastic and working the vinyl was workable for alot longer. However the covers are only a light bit of plastic and were moving around as i tried to do it
The perfect solution would be to bring the entire focus into the kitchen, but this would be tricky to say the least heh

Eventually got them wrapped after many swear words flew around :)

Pleased with the result and changes the look of it subtly

Attachments

· Registered
7,764 Posts
So I decided after seeing an EO ST wrapped in the 'show us your wrap' thread that I would try my hand at it and do just my mirrors as anything else seems a bit to modified looking for me!
I went to a sign shop an got a square meter (ish) of satin black vinyl and went home to consult youtube for ideas and i have to say it came up trumps this time and there were a cpl of great how to videos on this.

However when i set about to it, its ALOT harder than it looks!

I first tried it while the mirrors were on the car but one i took the heat off the wrap, it went hard and crispy and was unworkable. I put this down to the extra cold weather atm and decided to pull the orange mirror cover off and do it in the kitchen! This was alot easier as the kitchen was good and warm, i preheated the mirror plastic and working the vinyl was workable for alot longer. However the covers are only a light bit of plastic and were moving around as i tried to do it
The perfect solution would be to bring the entire focus into the kitchen, but this would be tricky to say the least heh

Eventually got them wrapped after many swear words flew around :)

Pleased with the result and changes the look of it subtly
Good man for having a go buddy, the patience thing lets me down and i starting running out of things to throw
...any chance you can turn that piccy round, my necks hurting!

· Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good man for having a go buddy, the patience thing lets me down and i starting running out of things to throw
...any chance you can turn that piccy round, my necks hurting!
Its fine on the ipad here mate sorry! I tried but the site turns it round, probably because of the dimentions!
It'll exercise your neck, sittin on FocusSTOC all evening lol don't say I don't do anything for you :-D

· Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
looks good mate im thinking of doing mine,how do the mirror cases come off?
Just pull them towards the front of the car, they pop off and back on easy enough!
I found if i pulled just above where the indicator bulb is it was easiest! But have your other hand ready to stop the cover popping off and falling on the ground and chipping it ;-)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.