Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone with elephant insurance ever had there windscreen fixed via autoglass as was behind a big artic and crack goes the window. Was wondering if you had to pay full excess as Alan from autoglass said some only make ya pay 10 to 20 squid

cheers. Adam

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
Has anyone with elephant insurance ever had there windscreen fixed via autoglass as was behind a big artic and crack goes the window. Was wondering if you had to pay full excess as Alan from autoglass said some only make ya pay 10 to 20 squid

cheers. Adam
I paid £70 with admiral and i think admiral owns elephant ??

·
Registered
7,372 Posts
Excess on mine with elephant was 140 quid. That was for a complete replacement screen done on my front yard.

Chip repairs are free

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
I had mine repaired when I was with Elephant, I phoned Elephant and explained I had what I thought was a repairable chip on my windscreen, and wondered if they'd cover autoglass' repair. They put me through to their windscreen hotline or whatever you want to call it, and then sent someone out to repair it for free.

·
Registered
11,382 Posts
Is that an excess for the repair or replacement.

Either way I would ring round your local independents first as glass claims (repair and replacement) can effect your future insurance (not your NCD but insurance risk). Then you can decide if it is worth taking the risk of claiming or paying the bit extra to get it fixed but having a unblemished claims history

Glass is not as expensive as you think, are lead to believe.

NB autoglass supplied screens have a lifetime (for as long as you own the car) warranty on the fitting and glass (including the heating element) so better cover than you get with a 'genuine' ford badged screen

1 - 15 of 15 Posts