Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Im after getting the front done to legal limit but not sure how dark to go on the back/sides,anyone with pictures on a black st please.Has anyone has theirs done at pumabuild? or can recommend anywhere else.

mike

·
1,599 Posts
The front windows are already at the legal limit. If you apply any sort of tint to them they will be illegal.

I had my rear ones done at Pumabuild. They were very reasonable and I was very happy with the result

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE(rickylee @ 21 Nov 2009, 07:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The front windows are already at the legal limit. If you apply any sort of tint to them they will be illegal.

I had my rear ones done at Pumabuild. They were very reasonable and I was very happy with the result

I didnt realise the front were already done
How long did they take and what tint did you have? is it still film which gets applied?

·
1,285 Posts
As already mentioned..... the fronts are already at legal limit, any darker and you risk a visit from the police.

The rears can be as dark as you like.

Mine are limo black which is the darkest. The film was put on the inside and took about an hour. Had mine done in Essex.

·
Registered
648 Posts
tbh im not happy with the look of my tint

i hate the line round the chequers!!!

im looking intoi retro fitting proper privacy glass

only thing is my local ford dealer say ford dont do it...even though i know they do!!!

·
1,599 Posts
QUOTE(np247921 @ 21 Nov 2009, 07:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I didnt realise the front were already done
How long did they take and what tint did you have? is it still film which gets applied?

Yeah just put your window half down and you'll see they're slightly tinted.

I've got a medium tint on mine, think it took a couple of hours. It's a film applied to the inside of your windows

LINK

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE(rickylee @ 21 Nov 2009, 08:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Yeah just put your window half down and you'll see they're slightly tinted.

I've got a medium tint on mine, think it took a couple of hours. It's a film applied to the inside of your windows

LINK

Looks spot on, ive also got their medium smoked lights so will compliment nicely! Cant see the outline too much on the rear sides either

·
Registered
292 Posts
LOL

Why a can of worms, i have stated that i have not had any problems with the police, i normally get pulled about 3 times a week because of my job i do a lot of driving and not one of them have said my fronts are to dark.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Whether you have been picked up on it or not, the main point is that it IS illegal. There are people on here who feel very strongly about it, and they are well within their rights to. It is a subject which has been debated frequently and the general consensus never changes.....it's not worth it.

To the OP, play it safe and just get the backs done then you are guaranteed not to have to rip them off at the side of the road.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
+1 - keep it legal.

How would you feel if you hit a motorcycle at a cross road, because your windows were too dark - you didn't see them.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
personally i find this front window tinting a dangerous and totally "couldnt give a
about other road users" disgusting due to the state my best mates ended up in due to a
with front window tints,im not going in to the details again as most will remember my posts and the accident my friend was involved in threw no fault of his own .
but hey as long as your car looks good a ???

you can and may one day be involved in a accident due to this silly modification possibly seriously hurting another road user and indeed yourself or family members ,i have to ask is it worth it ??
i find it strange that the site dosent allow people to talk about speeding on public roads but freely allows people with ilegal front tints to post on here about them and indeed post pictures on the site !!
its totaly ilegal and gives off a bad impression to anyone logging on to the site ,so anyone from admin .. have you any thoughts on this ??
sorry if this anoys any other members here but due to the state my best friends ended up in i find this subject very hard to accept on such a good site ,
original poster as lawwa st has mentioned please just do your rears ,yourself and other road users will be that much
safer .
admin please get back to me on this subject as i find it totally distastefull and not realy acceptable .

·
Registered
292 Posts
everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and i am sorry to hear about your friends accident, however the tint on the front of my car do not in any way hinder my view of the roads whilst i am driving, the pictures i have posted show them to be darker than they actually are.

i am not getting involved with a back and forth debate over my window as i am sure there are many other people who have them too. i do agree that dark window tint on the fronts are not good like i have seen on many boyracers around where i live.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
no neither am i but as has been said your front glass is already at the legal limit so adding a tint MUST
impare your vision especially in bad weather and at night time ,sorry it just must !
perhaps if you could see the state my mate and indeed his wife and daughters are all in now due to this accident it would change you view on this subject ,just dosent seem worth it to me at all .
i agree some cars do look smart with this done but that still dosent make it acceptable to me and many many others on here ,fact is its still ilegal.
how would you feel if you had an accident "and i hope you dont" due to your tints ,could you look your family in the eyes after hurting them due to the fact you didnt see the other vehicle again due to the tints .
sorry but a 33% tint on the front windows does affect your vision ,in fact any tint from original will also affect your vision from the front glass .
agree as you say everyones entitled to there own opinion but just because others on here have front tints dosent make it acceptable /legal .
thats my last comment on the subject and i shall be speaking with admin about this subject as its just not on ,in my opinion of course .

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
QUOTE(Dark Knight @ 24 Nov 2009, 10:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and i am sorry to hear about your friends accident, however the tint on the front of my car do not in any way hinder my view of the roads whilst i am driving, the pictures i have posted show them to be darker than they actually are.

i am not getting involved with a back and forth debate over my window as i am sure there are many other people who have them too. i do agree that dark window tint on the fronts are not good like i have seen on many boyracers around where i live.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion. What they are not entitled to is to pick and choose which Law to follow. There is no tint film available that will keep your fronts within the Law. So if you have them they are adjudged dangerous and illegal. I dare say you have informed your insurance company of the fact you have tinted your fronts beyond the legal limit and are therefore driving an unroadworthy vehicle? If not you may get a nasty shock one day!

Its also worthy of note that a plea of mitigation of them not being as dark as others, not that I have been stopped before no problem, will have any effect on sentence for something like causing death by insert the right charge driving.

In summary the attitude shown toward mods of this type is simply antisocial and is what gives law abiding drivers of hot hatches a bad name. IMO

·
President of the Universe
3,942 Posts
QUOTE(Dark Knight @ 24 Nov 2009, 10:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and i am sorry to hear about your friends accident, however the tint on the front of my car do not in any way hinder my view of the roads whilst i am driving, the pictures i have posted show them to be darker than they actually are.

Aside from the legality of the tints, or otherwise, I think the other issue here is not so much how YOUR view of the road has been affected, but moreover the ability of a third party road user to see THROUGH your vehicle.

With both your front passenger windows tinted, it would make it harder for vehicles alongside you at junctions to see through both windows to check for oncoming vehicles. Equally, it makes it harder for approaching vehicles to determine whether the vehicle alongside you has seen them or not.

Whilst you may not, therefore, be directly involved in the accident, the additional tints on your windows may be a contributing factor.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts