Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Every time it rains heavy or I wash the car, a tiny bit of water always manages to get round the front door window seals. I can see the water marks on the inside. It's hardly no water at all, I guess the inside would get wetter by just getting in and out of the car in the rain. But it still bugs me!

Never had any of this problem with other cars. Have I got a problem? When I brought the car it had wind deflectors fitted & I pulled them off, maybe this has pushed the seals further from the glass!

I'm maybe thinking this is why my car always mists up! Boot leaking problems have been fixed long time ago. Got into it yesterday after work, and the windscreen was soaking! I was there for 10min waiting for it to clear while other work colleagues just jumped in and drove off bar 1 which is a Renault which always mists up and I always took the pee out of her because its a Reanult, now I'm in the same boat as her!
And my windows are always spotless inside and out!

·
Registered
198 Posts
I've had some water come through above window switches on drivers door. Car is fine in heavy rain etc., but only happens when I wash the car. Took the car to the garage today, and they found a small v shaped dent in the rubber above the mirror. They are going to replace both the inner and outer door seals for me under warranty..

·
Registered
976 Posts
Cheers for that.

The rubber by the B pillar is like this with me ]------\_________ (where ] is top of window, ---- is the rubber sticking out, _____ is the rubber where it should be running down against the glass) It's where the wind defector was slotted into. But I dont see any water getting into there, it's at the top of the window the water gets in.

·
Registered
198 Posts
It's always a real pain with any leak trying to find the exact point where it comes in..
Good luck hope you get it sorted.. I put a similar post on recently, somebody else suggested checking the door latch adjustment..

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I had this too, got the driver's side seal replaced under warranty. It's really annoying though that something like that can go so often, it's not like we've bought a £500 banger

This is my first and will probably end up being my last
it's a lot of fun don't get me wrong, but the leaks, the poor customer service and the fact my car seems to be the only one in the car park that steams up on the inside nearly every day ... it's just not what I expected from a semi-expensive car.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Oh yeah, totally. When I wash it, it invariably steams up. I've given up trying to get it solved. When it first did it, I took it to ford and they, supposedly (but I don't believe them) changed a window seal. Then when it still did it, I took it back to fraud and they said "they ain't nuffink rong wiv dis car bud. shove off." So I pooped on their forecourt and left. Forms part of my reasoning behind not buying another one

·
Registered
198 Posts
QUOTE(yoinkster @ 22 Nov 2009, 04:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Oh yeah, totally. When I wash it, it invariably steams up. I've given up trying to get it solved. When it first did it, I took it to ford and they, supposedly (but I don't believe them) changed a window seal. Then when it still did it, I took it back to fraud and they said "they ain't nuffink rong wiv dis car bud. shove off." So I pooped on their forecourt and left. Forms part of my reasoning behind not buying another one

Sounds like you've been unlucky with your Ford dealer, can you take it to a different garage? I guess if it's still under warranty a different dealership may be more willing to help. Luckily for me my local Ford garage are great..

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
QUOTE(marcobz @ 22 Nov 2009, 05:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Sounds like you've been unlucky with your Ford dealer, can you take it to a different garage? I guess if it's still under warranty a different dealership may be more willing to help. Luckily for me my local Ford garage are great..

Ah yes, the other dealer ... therein lies another story of some fine customer service. I turned up in my car and enquired (to show I wasn't just a young test pilot) about an
they had in. Told them right at the start "I'm interested but I'm not buying without some sort of test drive first." I then spent some 45minutes in the dealership going through paperwork and payment terms etc to then be told "OK, so shall we go ahead and make the arrangements?" "Err, no, I said, I wanted a test drive first." "Ah sir, we don't offer a test drive without a securing deposit put down on the car first." "So you want me to tell you I'm going to buy the car, give you some money and only then will be allowed to try the car?" "Yes" "Thank you, good day"

I can see me buying an Audi next I think.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
QUOTE(yoinkster @ 22 Nov 2009, 04:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Oh yeah, totally. When I wash it, it invariably steams up. I've given up trying to get it solved. When it first did it, I took it to ford and they, supposedly (but I don't believe them) changed a window seal. Then when it still did it, I took it back to fraud and they said "they ain't nuffink rong wiv dis car bud. shove off." So I pooped on their forecourt and left. Forms part of my reasoning behind not buying another one

Crikey, yours sounds bad!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts