Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I'm not the most knowledgeable when it comes down to wheels and tire sizes so I hope you can help me out.

A friend of mine has given me a full set of dunlop slicks (245/65/18) for track days.

However I'm sure that these will not fit my existing alloy wheels which currently have 225/40/18 tires on as the slicks are too wide?

So i've been looking at other wheels to buy, and it looks like the only available for the focus in the wider width are Bola wheels:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/18-BOLA-B1-9-5J-BRAND-NEW-ALLOY-WHEELS-FORD-FOCUS-ST-MK2-05-12-BLACK-5x108-/401036413863?hash=item5d5fa20ba7:g:AmgAAOSwnipWXbah

Does anyone know if these will be a simple fit for my tires and for the car with no other modification required and the tires will not run on the arches?

Thanks!!! :)

· Registered
2,679 Posts
They will not fit. Tyre wall is too tall.

This is such a bad idea on multiple levels:

- slick tyres will require roll cage.
- 225 slick tyre will have more than enough traction
- for track you want lighter wheels and tyres and not 9.5" bola anvils
- why would you use 65 profile tyre at all? This tyre is probably for racing SUVs or lorries. You shouldn't go over 40

· Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies guys, thought this would have been the case, this guy I know is an ex professional racer and these came off touring cars. He thought they would fit but he is like over 70 and going mad so glad I checked.
I've recently been using road legal 888r tires but the road noise is ridiculous so the option of slicks on a different set of wheels for track days sounded like a good idea at the time :(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.