Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some of you saw a few weeks back I have a few problems with my focus to say the least! Well tomorrow she goes to SCC perfromance to be stripped down and investigated as to whether it is repairable or a new engine. Since I last posted it has been parked on my drive for three weeks waiting for tomorrow to be picked up by low loader. I have been struggling on with a "courtesy car" a 02' plate golf 1.6 that the wife's 1.6 focus puts to shame. And just to add to my misery it broke down yesterday. I am almost ready to throw the towel in on this one.

·
Registered
298 Posts
As some of you saw a few weeks back I have a few problems with my focus to say the least! Well tomorrow she goes to SCC perfromance to be stripped down and investigated as to whether it is repairable or a new engine. Since I last posted it has been parked on my drive for three weeks waiting for tomorrow to be picked up by low loader. I have been struggling on with a "courtesy car" a 02' plate golf 1.6 that the wife's 1.6 focus puts to shame. And just to add to my misery it broke down yesterday. I am almost ready to throw the towel in on this one.
Them golfs are not very good, used to own the 1.8GTi Turbo, hopefully your ST will be ok but if its a new engine then may aswel put the RS Lump in

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I did speak to someone at pumabuild about a new engine but never got a call back. I will hopefully know about the damage tomorrow. Been depressing just sitting on the driveway.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Is this the car you posted about a few weeks back saying you was looking at buying but it had a funny noise coming from the engine and was told its a characteristic of the car by the garage/seller and we told you to avoid like the plague and walk away?

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Um..... No. Yeah it is. Long story behind why I got it but it had checks done by different people after I first posted. Even ford took it to be looked at and sent it back with a clean bill of health! So went for it. The noise was just a niggly thing until i went into SCC performance after day 6 to get them to show me the REVO kit they knew exactly what it was after hearing it! Worse still they diagnosed the fault in dec '11 some paperwork was missing from the folder obviously as I know have the original bill of work. It is a mess but I can assure u I am not spending a penny on it. It is currently at SCC now waiting to be stripped. I can still walk away from the deal once diagnosed just need it in writing.

And yes you can tell me I should have listened!

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
And yes you can tell me I should have listened!
Yes you should have

Horrible situation to be in and I do feel for you mate but pleaseeeeeeee walk away this time like you said you still have the option to do.
It does not surprise me one bit that Ford said it was ok, a car with a funny noise can never be a good deal so get rid now!

Nick

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well I will know by tomorrow when it has been taken apart what the damage is. Then the garage will know what the cost will be to repair. I have been told by SCC the work they will do on it if it is what we think it is will be good as new as it is being completely rebuilt. My hands are slightly tied by sales of goods act. I have to give the dealer an opportunity to fix it.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So the verdict is in! Spun its bearings and damaged the crank. Bad times! Guess it is bye bye to this one! Just sorting out the sales of good act stuff and should get my money back.

·
Registered
67 Posts
So the verdict is in! Spun its bearings and damaged the crank. Bad times! Guess it is bye bye to this one! Just sorting out the sales of good act stuff and should get my money back.
hope you get on ok with sorting it mate, i bought an audi s4 v8 last year and it was a lemon. the garage have 3 chances to fix the problem under the sale of goods act. mine was covered by an in house warranty from the garage. what sort of warranty did you get with yours? lets hope you get on better than i did.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well mine has a 5star 15 month warranty covering most things. But only a cost of up to £1000. minimum it is £2500 to fix this. I paid a third the rest is on finance who have been brilliant. They want to unwind the deal and get me to where I was before. I already have another one lined up but need to know the outcome of this.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So the car is getting fixed. Recon engine ahoy. Should have it back by end of next week if not the week after. Mixed emotions really.

·
Registered
67 Posts
So the car is getting fixed. Recon engine ahoy. Should have it back by end of next week if not the week after. Mixed emotions really.
thats great news, i know how you feel though, makes you lose faith in the car, thats why i off loaded mine once it'd been fixed

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I shall see how i fell about it when it comes back. Not had the chance to enjoy it yet.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts