Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had a problem with the self leveling lights, which is now sorted, but the drivers side bulb sometimes stays on almost full beam, when it should be on dip. If you get out and tap the headlight it goes back to normal, is this the bulb or something else such as the mounting etc?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE(Trist @ 15 Feb 2010, 10:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Could be a solenoid problem, it's not the bulb.

The solenoid moves the flat to create the dip beam and main beam for the xenon.

Can this be replaced easily? Guess this is a cheaper fix than the bulb?
Cheers Marc.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Hmm not sure. It's easy to pull it out, a few screws and its out. Maybe you can pick up a cheap headlight on ebay and use the bits. Or go to Ford and see what they can do.... probably will charge you for a new lamp!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE(Trist @ 15 Feb 2010, 10:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hmm not sure. It's easy to pull it out, a few screws and its out. Maybe you can pick up a cheap headlight on ebay and use the bits. Or go to Ford and see what they can do.... probably will charge you for a new lamp!

Cheers for your help, think I'll drop to garage tomorrow to let them take a look. Thanks for the info, at least I'm armed with some useful knowledge.
Cheers.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
just a small note but my mate who had a clio sport 182 had a xenon bulb go after 4 years and he read on his ownersclub that they have a 7 year gaurentee not sure if this is the same with good old mr ford?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cheers guys, car only just out of Ford warranty and reported this fault a few weeks before warranty expired. Got a good feeling that my garage will sort for me, will let you know soon.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just a quick update, the car went to the garage today and they found that the flap in the unit had gone dry and was sticking. The flap would change the beam to full, but not go back when dipped. They have stripped and lubed the parts and it all seems to be working fine. Hopefully it will stay that way

1 - 10 of 10 Posts