Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Formerly Known As Shep4785
1,421 Posts
They do but requires a different wiring loom, also they aren't cheap. I think ford charge £130-£140 for EACH lens if you're after the LED version which I presume you are.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah...in that case I will just get an OE replacement. The previous owner has tightened the screws holding them in place the plastic has cracked.

·
Formerly Known As Shep4785
1,421 Posts
You can fit the FL lights with just a few splices of wires. It's not a whole new loom as has been said. There's a guide on here somewhere.
Maybe I should re-frase that, I had to buy a SUB wiring loom when I had mine done. But maybe there are other ways around it now.

·
Registered
342 Posts
They do fit as said before though they do need the wiring played with....
I've got a pair of the LED light units brand new in the box that I've got to sell off, I've also got another pair that have been tinted by Pumabuild that I'm going to be selling too.
The only reason I'm sellling them is because my ST was written off in a hit & run last month & I've got to get some money in to help fund a replacement focus....

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Just to add, I changed my pre-fl rears to facelift honeycomb types in about 30 minutes - buy them from ebay WITH bulbs and wiring (a short length with a connector plug with each light) and the fitting is easy and you need no other parts - simply splice the wiring on your new lights into the existing loom with scotch-lok connectors, the wiring comes with a rubber bung that seals the hole into the car body and just leave the wiring/connectors sealed under the bung. The lights (pair) sell for between £35 and £70, around half the price of second hand LED types which are much rarer and more sort after. There is a little difference in the wiring between the bulbs but it's not too hard to figure out and the guides will help you with this.

·
Gok Wan
2,642 Posts
I have the non led one on my car but I bit the led in the top off the light so it looks like the led ones I will get a pic when im hone

·
Registered
Mk2 RS 400
4,188 Posts
Just to note that the non LED version will only light up the same as your OE ones, they won't light up top to bottom at night if that's what you want.
They will if you put some led strips in the top half like I have! Cost me less than a fiver to do.

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
I was given a set of standard facelift tail lights, so spliced the bulb connectors in (soldered) and think it neatens the rear a little.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts