Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Direct Line have to be the worst insurance company ever at the moment in my eyes!

First off they wouldnt insure me on my
because of the Mountune Kit - they reckoned it was all modified and therefore they wont insure me.

After nearly AN HOUR, they finally admitted they were wrong and saw through their own external site, that they did insure it as an ST260 Upgrade - as I had been trying to tell them!

They eventually qouted me £224 something to tie me over till May and then I'll need a full year's quote.

I then asked them about how my premium will be affected by getting window tints....
then another discussion ensued. I cant get window tints because I'm not 25!
what the hell is that about! Surely having the rear windows tinted should be seen as a security thing. What if I told them they were standard on the car when it was manufactured. They really are the worst company ever.

Did a dummy quote with Greenlight and theyre giving me £887 for the year, which is not great but its around what I was paying for my 1.6 civic sport with Direct Line so at least its not going up.

God it was like WW3! Anyone else had problems with them?

think this next emoticon says it all......
like a proper fight between the good (us) and evil (insurance companies)

Dan

·
Registered
379 Posts
they are a nightmare when it comes to mods.

However i love the company as i am up on them, as i have only paid £1200 to them, and i wrote that car off, so they paid me £3000 in a claim and i never went back to them again.

·
Registered
269 Posts
QUOTE(BlueLightning5047 @ 16 Jan 2010, 02:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Direct Line have to be the worst insurance company ever at the moment in my eyes!

First off they wouldnt insure me on my
because of the Mountune Kit - they reckoned it was all modified and therefore they wont insure me.

After nearly AN HOUR, they finally admitted they were wrong and saw through their own external site, that they did insure it as an ST260 Upgrade - as I had been trying to tell them!

They eventually qouted me £224 something to tie me over till May and then I'll need a full year's quote.

I then asked them about how my premium will be affected by getting window tints....
then another discussion ensued. I cant get window tints because I'm not 25!
what the hell is that about! Surely having the rear windows tinted should be seen as a security thing. What if I told them they were standard on the car when it was manufactured. They really are the worst company ever.

Did a dummy quote with Greenlight and theyre giving me £887 for the year, which is not great but its around what I was paying for my 1.6 civic sport with Direct Line so at least its not going up.

God it was like WW3! Anyone else had problems with them?

think this next emoticon says it all......
like a proper fight between the good (us) and evil (insurance companies)

Dan

What a bunch of clowns! I'd rather stick hot pokers in my eyes than go with that bunch of
. Hope you get it sorted mate.

·
Registered
11,382 Posts
I ring them up every year for a laugh.

The best one is where they state I must have a tracker on my Elise, this was an error on their system about 10 years ago when cars over £30K had to have a tracker, the S1 elise was never £30K in standard form, this has never been corrected, they are not a high theft risk and mine is only worth about £14K!!!!(traker was mandatory on cars worth £30K)

The other thing I love is when you say you have an air filter anbd exhaust, they say you get 10bhp form the filter and anther 10 from the exhaust not bad, if only this was true, !!!!

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
I had the same problem with them on my old fiesta when i started driving. i was not allowed any mod's at all until i was 25
so i have been with admiral ever since Direct line maybe cheaper(in my experience) but the hassle if you want to mod it is not worth it. But i guess they keep there premiuims down by have a low percentage of 'high risk' motorists.
It is idiots in car parks doing handbrake turns that we have to thank for this i guess

·
Registered
261 Posts
Some of it must be related to your age I guess. I was with Direct Line till this year and no one else even came close to their price in the last 3 years. And this was on a V50 T5, 335i and the ST. However I have noticed that like most other mainline companies, the response you get varies depending on who answers the phone.

My experience was also the exact opposite of yours. I upgraded my ST3 to the Mountune 260 and the cost for 6 months was £5. However they did add on the amendment fee of around £15.

In fact Chris Knott only just beat their quote and the only reason I switched was because of a lower excess.

Insurance sucks!

·
Registered
221 Posts
I had soooooooooooo much trouble with Direct Line after i Mountuned and had Eibachs fitted that i took both cars and the buildings/contents insurance away form them. They will NEVER get a penny of my money again.

However, I did work hard (along with Dave at Mountune) with the ABI to get the ST260 UPGRADE listed for 2005 pre-facelift models so hopefully my pain has made it a little easier to insure your Mountune cars from now on!

·
Registered
419 Posts
QUOTE(Flightmech @ 20 Jan 2010, 04:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I had soooooooooooo much trouble with Direct Line after i Mountuned and had Eibachs fitted that i took both cars and the buildings/contents insurance away form them. They will NEVER get a penny of my money again.

However, I did work hard (along with Dave at Mountune) with the ABI to get the ST260 UPGRADE listed for 2005 pre-facelift models so hopefully my pain has made it a little easier to insure your Mountune cars from now on!

I remember the effort you and Dave put in on this - most appreciated

Unlike others, I've had no problems with the company but I might have been lucky who I spoke to. Switched to them when I had my ST Mountuned with no problems.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.