Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
nearly all the FL sts for sale have black rear windows and look like vans lol, does it come as standard or is it just a film? i dont like it.

·
Registered
12,607 Posts
Think it was an optional extra. Most people just prefer tinted back windows, myself included, just not to the point where it's limo black.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
if its standard its gonna be tinted glass isnt it? so id have to get fronts done to match lol, dont like it with just rears tinted

·
Registered
444 Posts
How hard is it to swap the glass over? I'll have the privacy glass from yours and you can have my standard glass

·
Super Moderator
2019 AMG C43
13,348 Posts
If you tint the fronts to match then they will be illegal, that's why the factory tinting is from the B-pillar back. The front windows also have tinted glass, it's not entirely clear, just tinted to the normal levels you see on most cars these days.

·
Administrator
Mk2 RS MP350
24,585 Posts
Pretty sure that the last batch of cars had them as standard (along with other goodies previously sold as extras).
It was a marketing ploy to help get rid of them.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Tints on the rear look nicer on 3 doors, not so keen on 5 doors .. still im sure theres some about just limited numbers

·
Registered
222 Posts
The black tints are the actual glass not film , the normal st without the dark tints also have tinted glass but its green I think looks quite smart , I quite like the genuine tinted glass too it's a shame you can't have the fronts to match though.

·
Registered
ST225 modified
4,084 Posts
I agree - its all or nothing for me...

Pity the fronts arent allowed like they were a few years ago when my Mk1 Focus came like this:

·
Registered
222 Posts
My old focus was like this for 4 years and I've never been pulled for it too it just depends on what area you live in.

·
Super Moderator
2019 AMG C43
13,348 Posts
Yeah, all depends on how bored your local plods are. It's a sensible law though in my opinion, anything that inhibits what you can see from the drivers seat is a bad thing.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts