Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
I am thinking of purschasing a set of RS 19" alloys, can any one who as this fitted them, tell me if there is any problems
they have come across when fitted to the
Do the wheels rub at any time, ruine the ride etc and where did you get
them from and if you dont mind what did you pay

·
Banned
6,700 Posts
QUOTE(Mart170 @ 1 Mar 2010, 11:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I believe PHILJB has them matey

PHIL!!
Phil hasn't got the RS wheels, his are Oz Supertourismo GT's.

Lots of other people on here got them - you need to run 15mm spacers front and rear (maybe 20mm rear if you wish) and either cut one of the studs on each spacer short or get a different locking nut (because the studs are longer) McGard 24137's have been used I believe.

Off the top of my head, thestumper and Speedfreak are running the RS wheels

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
QUOTE(troy45 @ 1 Mar 2010, 12:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Phil hasn't got the RS wheels, his are Oz Supertourismo GT's.

Lots of other people on here got them - you need to run 15mm spacers front and rear (maybe 20mm rear if you wish) and either cut one of the studs on each spacer short or get a different locking nut (because the studs are longer) McGard 24137's have been used I believe.

Ah my bad, think the RS spoiler and vents in his siggy threw me

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE(troy45 @ 1 Mar 2010, 12:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Phil hasn't got the RS wheels, his are Oz Supertourismo GT's.

if i just use 15mm spacers will i still need to cut one fo the studs,
very confused as to why you have to cut just one stud and not them all

·
Banned
6,700 Posts
Not got round to fitting a set myself yet but good info on here from others who have says that the locking nuts aren't as deep inside as the standard nuts so they go tight on the end of the stud before tightening the wheel properly. So you need to shorten 1 stud per wheel by 2 or 3mm or get another type of locking nuts.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts