Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
President of the Universe
3,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spent some alone time with Rambo on Saturday.

Gone is the K&N GenII.

After a little tickling, a little fettling, some gentle stroking and (after smacking my head on the bonnet latch for the 13,000th time) 15 minutes of continuous swearing without repeating myself once.........

Rambo has a new nozzle to suck through!!

DS Induction kit is inhaling great bucketfuls of air, and subsequently whooshing wonderfully on lift off.

Very pleased with it.

Is Rambo quicker with the DS Induction kit? Possibly. Who knows? I don't care either way. I LOVE the noise.

·
3,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As much as I like the kit now it is installed, if I had to make one criticism it would be the instructions.

Man alive, they BADLY need re-writing.

But hey ho - I figured it out in the end.

·
Super Moderator
Volkswagen Tiguan R-Line Tech 230
8,091 Posts
It's a great bit of kit Dave . Had mine on for just over a year now . When you can't find anyting on the radio to listen to Ds makes some very nice sounds

·
3,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
QUOTE(PHILJB @ 25 Jan 2010, 03:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Do you have any skin left on your knuckles Dave? Most impressed you fitted it yourself.

Wasn't that bad actually - helped IMMENSELY by not having to remove the original airbox, as I already had the K&N GenII installed.

Rambo has done about 100 miles since, and it hasn't fallen off yet. So far so good......

RR day at Ric Woods could be interesting. If anyone is asked to sit on the nose of Rambo to keep him flying off the rollers, I wouldn't personally - not unless you potentially want bits of a DS Induction kit in your ear....

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
i really want 1 of these
love the sound although mine now sounds like the dsci kit but it was the ggr cais until i broke it
is there much difference between the kngenll and the dsci(OTHER THAN THE NOISE)?? arnt they pretty much the same??? whats the + and - over the KN? if there are any-

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
QUOTE(MatST-3 @ 25 Jan 2010, 04:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>i really want 1 of these
love the sound although mine now sounds like the dsci kit but it was the ggr cais until i broke it
is there much difference between the kngenll and the dsci(OTHER THAN THE NOISE)?? arnt they pretty much the same??? whats the + and - over the KN? if there are any-

Personally i do not think there is a performance difference between the gen and DSCi. Or maybe that should rephrased as a tangible one from the drivers seat.I look at it like Decatting the induction element
. with the KN you have sports cat(the box thing in front of the MAF) and the DSCi is a decat(no 'cat'
) But the noise is the main thing.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.