Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided early on, not to go for privacy glass.

I personally think that many cars look a bit odd, if the rear glass is so much darker than the front. For the people sat in the back it's a gloomy experience, and I don't fancy reversing (particularly at night) with reduced vision.

When we sell, a future owner could always add it if required.

Having not seen an ST without privacy, I think ours looks superb. The standard windows are still fairly dark.

What do you all think?

Cheers

Mike

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Window

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Plant

Tire Wheel Vehicle Plant Car

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2019 AMG C43
13,352 Posts
Looking good
I have privacy glass and from the inside I can't say I actually notice the difference, but each to their own everybody has different tastes. Enjoy fella, hope you get some dry weather soon so you can give it some beans

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Very nice mate, I personally prefer privacy glass, I think finishes off the car nicely but each to their own.

Ps nice number plate

·
Registered
605 Posts
I've had tinted windows on every car i've owned since probably the early 90's. I started off getting the complete limo-tints on all windows bar the windscreen and I only stopped having the front side windows tinted after the police started cracking down on it. All rear and back windows tinted though, including on the current car + my previous Focus RS + the Skoda Octavia VRS prior to that. Purely because I like the look.

I can honestly say that in roughly 20 years of driving cars with tinted windows I have never had an experience where I caused or almost caused an accident due to the tints. You get used to the VERY SLIGHTLY reduced visibility quite quickly and adapt accordingly.

Thats not to say that as I get old(er) I might need to rethink this strategy!

OP - nice car, wish you many happy miles motoring in it.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Standard looks best, the wife's got a 1.6 focus which came tinted back window, it a joke trying to reverse park at night.

On the other side it works much better in the summer.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I go for the standard look as well - just seems to make the car look a bit brighter and, dare I say it, not as much like a van! Mind you privacy glass would certainly be of benefit in summer to our four legged friend who travels in the back seats.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I like tinted windows. I don't have to worry about tykes looking in what's in the back, in the event of a crash if holds the glass together, helps keep the interior cool during the summer and to me it looks cool.
I think that Ford factory fitted privacy is darkly tinted glass.
It doesn't have a film applied, so won't help in the event of a crash.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Well done Mike and thanks for uploading the pics! Car looks mint....this has to be the first Blue ST Estate I have seen to date!
Enjoy and keep us posted

·
Registered
55 Posts
Not a fan of cars without rear privacy glass. Looks old school and less sexy looking imo although the estate gets away with it i think.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
There's a black estate in our local dealers show room, with blacked out rear windows.... it looks like a hearse!!!

Not only that it was over £28k!!!!!

·
Registered
681 Posts
Think privacy glass works on 3 door cars, looks silly on 5 doors or the new estate. Just looks odd. A light smoke or reflective tint (10% ish) all round would look ok, but the estate has so much glass that standard suits it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts