Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to all this and just wanted to see if anyone has had a similar problem.

Mine is a 56 plate ST3 which I've owned from new. The warranty ran out in Oct last year. A friend noticed my offside head light is pointing quite high (almost full beam) while the nearside light is normal.
I tried to do a bit of internet research with no luck and have reluctantly turned to the dealer. This is the last thing I wanted to do as they have been a nightmare from day one.
As I suspected it was not good news. Firstly they want to charge an 85 quid diagnostics fee and according to them they (or another ford dealer) are the only people who can sort this out as the car has to be attached to a ford computer. They also said they would need the car all day to run tests which in my experience means an extortionate labour charge.
Am I really at the mercy of the dealer or is there another way? I'm all for paying for repairs but £85 plus labour every time this happens is a bit much considering the salesman told me Xenon headlights never go wrong.

Any feedback would be much appreciated!

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
i,ve read that post numerous times and i still find it confusing, on mine i just have the 2 hex screws to turn, one on each headlight the same as shown in the picture, but then there is talk of 1 screw to go up and 1 to go left and right, surely that would make 4 all together
can anyone give a defintive answer on this for xenons, which hex screw does what and how many actually are there

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE(hjcrichard @ 18 Jan 2010, 06:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Just do it yourself:

http://www.focusstoc.com/forums/Manual-Hea...ent-t38581.html

Thanks for the info. Looks like I'm going to have to have a fiddle with those hex screws. The car went to the dealer yesterday who allegedly reset the lights on the computer and now it's worse than before!

On the passenger side there appears to be little difference between full beam and dipped.

As these lights are self levelling does anyone think that there is something more serious causing the problem?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.