Ford Focus ST Forum banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
7,002 Posts
It's worth noting if you are buying a rear drop link from ford they sell the nuts for the drop link separately to the drop link at about 1 pound each so you will need to order those as well.

Places like GSF car parts sell drop links for about half the price of Ford but obviously they aren't genuine Ford parts, probably just as good though.

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
My whiteline arb has 2 fixing holes,got no instructions.
Is it holes to the end are softer,working back harder
What should i set it at,is the hard set to hard ?
the holes furthest away from the actual cross bar that is held in the bushes are the softer setting. the ones closer to the bar are the hard setting. in the instructions it advises using the softer setting first, however most are using the hard setting, i used soft for 3 weeks, then changed to hard and haven't considered going to soft again. there is no medium setting like some say there is. one in either, this is not recommended by whiteline.

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
Does the car need to be jacked up? Even if you have plenty of room underneath without
No if you can fit under it's doable. I reversed up some ramps and did it with weight on wheels. Adjusted the stiffness using the same technique, started off on the softer setting as it suggests in the instructions, don't waste your time with soft, go straight to the harder setting!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Hi, just done mine 2dat, came with same gold bits as urs, on which side if the bushes have u fitted them? As the whiteline instructions r vague. Ive put mine on the inner sides of the bushes..also i used the old mounting brackets and no loctite as i didnt have any 2 hand, shud be ok? Cheers

I bought a whiteline RARB from Ears Motorsport but it doesn't have the same brackets as shown in this how-to.

It has this gold alloy lateral lock kit instead

image.jpg

Anyone know what the dealio is with that?

·
Registered
283 Posts
put them on the inside, they are there to stop the bar sliding in the bushes on hard cornering

Hi, just done mine 2dat, came with same gold bits as urs, on which side if the bushes have u fitted them? As the whiteline instructions r vague. Ive put mine on the inner sides of the bushes..also i used the old mounting brackets and no loctite as i didnt have any 2 hand, shud be ok? Cheers

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Yeah all that is spot on

·
Registered
353 Posts
Done mine today what a **** !! Had to go to a mates garage so we could get it on ramp so we had plenty if leaverage, and still had to heat the bolts up that go to the d clamps to around 2000 degrees c before they would budge :(

21 - 39 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.