Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided to book my frozen white ST in to have the three back windows tinted but i am unsure on which shade to go for? I would really like the same as the factory fitted tinted windows the RS has. Is it limo black on the RS or lighter?

Also can anyone recommend a good and cheap car vinyl wrapper in the west midlands? Preferably close ish to worcester area? I want my roof and mirrors done in gloss black. I have been quoted £200 for the roof and £90 for the mirrors but think this is very expensive. Cheapest ive found so far is for both roof and mirros £225+vat. Baring in mind ive only contacted 2 but all the cheap ones seems to be miles away. Whats your thoughts? Thanks

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Decided to book my frozen white ST in to have the three back windows tinted but i am unsure on which shade to go for? I would really like the same as the factory fitted tinted windows the RS has. Is it limo black on the RS or lighter?

Also can anyone recommend a good and cheap car vinyl wrapper in the west midlands? Preferably close ish to worcester area? I want my roof and mirrors done in gloss black. I have been quoted £200 for the roof and £90 for the mirrors but think this is very expensive. Cheapest ive found so far is for both roof and mirros £225+vat. Baring in mind ive only contacted 2 but all the cheap ones seems to be miles away. Whats your thoughts? Thanks
i had mine done limo black ,the darker the better imo

·
Registered
74 Posts
Yeh they are different shades, pretty sure it goes 20%, 5% then limo black. Im sure the RS is close to limo black. Just dont want my car to look tacky if it dont look rite. Also john, silly question but can you see clear enough when sat in the back through the windows on your car?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Why not plastidip the mirrors? You'll easily do them with half a can, far cheaper than wrapping them and it'll give a matt finish to matches the surrounding plastic

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sounds a good idea but just sprayed my front grill, fog surrounds and bottom lip gloss black so to be honest i want to keep it white and gloss black theme as ive just ordered a rear diffuser of nick in gloss black also. Thats my plan anyway

·
Registered
786 Posts
Sounds a good idea but just sprayed my front grill, fog surrounds and bottom lip gloss black so to be honest i want to keep it white and gloss black theme as ive just ordered a rear diffuser of nick in gloss black also. Thats my plan anyway
If you check my project thread I have a good few pics of white with the factory fitted tinted glass to give you an idea of what it looks like

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Going for the standard tinted look the RS and the new focus's have factory fitted as i think it will look good on the car and i also have reverse parking sensers which help.
cant wait, should transform the cars looks.

If you check my project thread I have a good few pics of white with the factory fitted tinted glass to give you an idea of what it looks like
Billy ur car looks spot on mate!!!

·
Registered
455 Posts
Hi Craig, I've got an RS and don't think the windows are quite 'Limo tint', as when you get up close you can still see inside especially when the sun's shining.

They look really dark from a distance though and can make the interior look very dark unless you have say the colourful seats in the ST2 trim to brighten it up, can see out them fine though.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the advice guys, going to go with 10% as ive heard thats what the RS has etc. should look 100 times better than no tint neway

1 - 13 of 13 Posts