Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a focus ST500 and im looking to having it chipped/remaped.

dont plan on taking the car much further than

map
FMIC (in the future)
and a panel filter.

so im just wondering which handset would be best and what gains i would roughly get?

im tempted with the mountune but thought i would get a bit more power for less cash. but the warranty is tempting with 260bhp?

so what gains would i get with these mods with the differant handsets e.g.

Wolf
Dreamscience
Bluefin

cheers

·
Dreamscience Flash
2,446 Posts
QUOTE(Rab ST @ 25 Nov 2009, 01:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>i have a focus ST500 and im looking to having it chipped/remaped.

dont plan on taking the car much further than

map
FMIC (in the future)
and a panel filter.

so im just wondering which handset would be best and what gains i would roughly get?

im tempted with the mountune but thought i would get a bit more power for less cash. but the warranty is tempting with 260bhp?

so what gains would i get with these mods with the differant handsets e.g.

Wolf
Dreamscience
Bluefin

cheers

Hi Rab

Firstly hello
, you should get lots of help and direction from the guys on here.

This would be an awsome package for you

http://www.dreamscience-automotive.co.uk/f...ing-upgrade.php

All the best

[email protected]

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
Mountune and Bluefin are ideal for newer cars that are still in warranty... and will give around 260 bhp.

Dreamscience is great VFM and with a few mods can produce a maximum of 270-300bhp, with a choice of maps...

And if money is tight, a good second-hand DS handset can be had for around £300

·
Super Moderator
2017 Audi S3 Sportsback
8,082 Posts
Dreamscience gets my vote mate . The complete package transforms the car

·
Registered
261 Posts
QUOTE(vicarofsheff @ 25 Nov 2009, 09:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Code red all the way.

Still covered by fords manufactures warranty also you get 12 month warranty from code red as well.

Thats not quite correct. Ford doesnt cover Code Red, although I have known some dealers (particularly one in Sheffield that I got my car from) to say that they do. What you do get is a years worth of cover from CR, that can be extended at extra cost if required.

However it is a stunning map. Would be my choice as well, if I didnt have a brand new car.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
The only engine mod on mine is the Code Red level 2 and its kicking out the figures below on an independent Rolling Road. It makes the car a lot smoother as I'm sure do the others. I'm also running it on a brand new car picked up in October, it went on after driving the car for 7 days. I had a standard ST3 for a year before picking this one up and I can honestly say its like having a different car the way it reacts when you put your foot down.

·
Registered
168 Posts
when they say 'covered', what would happen if e.g the block split?
As its a 'common' fault would CR pick up the repair? Or being the car is running double the boost it should would ford be interested?

If I had a newish car that would be in the back of my mind. (and just using cr as an example as they do provide a warrenty)

Certainly tho, whichever map you choose its an essential part of ST ownership.

J

1 - 11 of 11 Posts