Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After some info really as i am at a major loose end!, keep reading into induction kits and just dont no where to start.
so what do you people use and what can you recomend?
I was thinking of a custom one like the how to guide on here and then using an AS Polished top pipe so it looks neat, but then i cud just buy a dreamscience and that has the full works? but then i read on puma speed that they make there own which is this one http://pumaspeed.co.uk/product-Pumaspeed-ULTIMATE-Ford-Focus-ST-225-CAIS-Air-Filter-Kit_15544.jsp

then i look at this one and think well this seems good because "Removes the 76mm to 70mm to 63mm smooth transition pipework."
can i do this with some silicone hose as this obviously would be good for power increase surely?

PLEASE HELP LOL

·
Formerly Known As Shep4785
1,421 Posts
Well they do say the standard airbox is good for 300bhp. Do you specifically want the noise of an induction kit? If you're not bothered then I would personally stick with standard unless you plan to go above 300bhp.

·
Premium Member
Graham - mk2 stage 3
5,228 Posts
I only went for the AS CAIS because they gave me a very good offer when I bought their intercooler. Biggest advantage is that once it is on it is much easier to remove and re-fit than the stock airbox, so for me that makes it worthwhile even though you probably won't see any significant gains.

If you live in an area that is prone to flooding I'd adviod the open cone systems.

·
Registered
7,012 Posts
I've had the Dreamscience kit and I've got the Pumaspeed kit currently. I recommend the Pumaspeed kit and I still have the Dreamscience kit as well so I have a choice of the two.

People will just recommend what ever kit they have or sell in the case of the sponsors on here. I you can get to a local club meet and have a look at what others have.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I have the DS kit. I scoured god knows how many topics on what to buy but I definitely wanted noise so ended up opting for the DS kit due to the money we get off. I think their xmas offer is still running til end of today and you get £80 off. If not, members get £50 off anyway.

·
Registered
7,012 Posts
I will! We run an AS carbon RS induction but i would recommend either the Dreamscience or the K&N 57i kit!
Your situation is different as you run a completely different setup to most people so probably can't run the DS kit on it.

As for the K&N 57i are you joking?

·
Registered
7,372 Posts
I have the wolf/ggr/AS

1. it was fitted to the car when i bought it
2. it looks nice
3. easier than getting the standard aribox out when doing an oil change

·
Registered
964 Posts
I have the Code Red Gen 3 (I think...the latest one), it was on the car when I bought it, its huge! and sounds awesome!

Get that one

·
Registered
606 Posts
I have the AS CAIS which is a closed cone kit, it looks great and does the job. I had the DS before which definitely sounds better but is a flood risk if driven through large puddles by your short sighted wife!!

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
I have the AS closed cone system with chrome top pipe looks awesome and sounds ok for a closed system. Although I don't live in a flood area I don't think I would risk an open system!!

Car Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Blue

Attachments

·
Registered
800 Posts
No we ran one for years with no issues!
+1

I'm running the DS kit, ran the K&N Gen II previous to that because the DS kit was on back order for ages!

* If you want noise and looks then the DS kit is for you, although be warned if your fitting yourself it is a bit tricky

** If you want noise but are not bothered by looks then the pumaspeed kit, not many people run this kit so not seen any reviews on how easy it is to fit although it does look 'Robust'!

*** If you are just after performance gains and want minimal noise then get the closed induction kit like the GGR/WOLF kit.

**** If you want open cone and not much noise get the K&N, good bit of kit, cheaper than DS/Pumaspeed.

·
Registered
6,843 Posts
Hey! I've got the 57i kit... That no good then? I've been running it for about a year now
It's fine, some have experienced a flat spot with it.

If you want noise get the DS if you want no noise get the many enclosed units that are avaliable.

It really is that simple

·
Registered
7,012 Posts
The Pumaspeed kit has a larger filter and replaces the standard pipe which leads to the turbo at the back of the engine with a silicone pipe. With a larger bore than the standard pipe which the DS kit bolts on to.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts