Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys can anyone help,

I've heard that the K&N 57s kit puts the diesel into limp mode, is this right? Reading on other sites they are recommending the Pipercross PX1746.

Anyone have any of these fitted to there diesel ST's?

Pro's & Con's?

Thanks in advance.

Car Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle

Attachments

· Registered
149 Posts
Hi guys can anyone help,

I've heard that the K&N 57s kit puts the diesel into limp mode, is this right? Reading on other sites they are recommending the Pipercross PX1746.

Anyone have any of these fitted to there diesel ST's?

Pro's & Con's?

Thanks in advance.

attachicon.gif
IMG_2844 copy.jpg
HI,

I fitted my ST with the Pipercross and no issues. Cant say I notice a great difference, but at least not having to change filter now. I also fitted induction hose (Mountune), nice little touch.

· Registered
14,372 Posts
I want to save the trees.

Paper comes from trees hahahahha

So i can wash it, you cant wash a paper filter lol :)

Jamie
Using paper is better for the environment and the cost is negotiable, about £7 every other year.

I was truly not having a anti deisel post and I did not take @Adam-ST3 post as one either, it is a valid point.

Yes petrol owners may increase their performance from the standard 250 horses but, if increasing performance/modifying is your thing surely it makes sense to start at the front rather than quite a way further back without ever getting to where you could have started if you had just bought the petrol.

You could now argue the petrol guys should go RS then and yes if you are buying today and willing to twiddle your thumbs for 12+ months you could have a point, but i doubt many have that luxury

To conclude please don't turn this in to a deisel defensive thread be better than that, mod you deisel.

· Registered
24 Posts
Using paper is better for the environment and the cost is negotiable, about £7 every other year.

I was truly not having a anti deisel post and I did not take @Adam-ST3 post as one either, it is a valid point.

Yes petrol owners may increase their performance from the standard 250 horses but, if increasing performance/modifying is your thing surely it makes sense to start at the front rather than quite a way further back without ever getting to where you could have started if you had just bought the petrol.

You could now argue the petrol guys should go RS then and yes if you are buying today and willing to twiddle your thumbs for 12+ months you could have a point, but i doubt many have that luxury

To conclude please don't turn this in to a deisel defensive thread be better than that, mod you deisel.
I actually like what you have said :)

Thankyou Dennis

· Registered
333 Posts

Dennis you do sometimes talk sense but please spell DIESEL correctly.

· Registered
194 Posts
Speak to arun882 he has the pipercross and it went into limp mode on the motorway the other week just lost all power.
It went into limp home mode once, but hasn't done it since. I reckon the filter on its own will be fine, and that I'm probably pushing it a bit by also using a RS airbox

I also found disconnecting the battery for 15 mins helped

· Registered
5,138 Posts
Someone has nicked your number plate.

Not sure why you would change the filter on a deisel (genuine point not having a pop at deisels)
just looking at this,also an aftermarket filter has no use whatso ever on a derv,they run so cool and efficiently,no gains to be had(fact)im just sayin like and not winding anyone up. :brow:

· Registered
26 Posts
i got a K&N filter free when i bought my blufin from demon tweeks

its run fine for over a month now.
How is this running now?

After so many saying that the K&N sends the car into limp mode, I was considering to leave it, but I have had K&N filters in my last 4 Fords... I'm compelled to buy another, or remove the one in my current car before I sell it, and use the K&N for my soon to come ST Diesel...

· Registered
503 Posts
How is this running now?

After so many saying that the K&N sends the car into limp mode, I was considering to leave it, but I have had K&N filters in my last 4 Fords... I'm compelled to buy another, or remove the one in my current car before I sell it, and use the K&N for my soon to come ST Diesel...
absolutly fine,

mine car is a June '15 build, i think earlier ones had the limp mode issue.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts