Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2019 AMG C43
13,348 Posts
Looks like you posted about something technical fella, and the mods will have moved it to the technical section. Unfortunately the technical section is only available to paid members. Paid membership also gives you access to discounted group buys and discounts from sponsors, like insurance. It's well worth the £10

·
Super Moderator
2019 AMG C43
13,348 Posts
You can find somewhere else to ask for technical advice, its your choice. This sites owners require you to be a paid member to access technical infomation.
And as previously mentioned, spending that £10 could actually save you a lot more - the technical section is quite large and you'll no doubt find some of the information invaluable.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I'm a former 'paid' member of this site and am currently looking for another st. I asked a question about the stock vinyl stripes that come with the car (can they be removed?) and that was whisked away to a hidden forum. How is asking about some stickers a technical question???

·
Registered
Mk2 RS 400
4,188 Posts
I'm a former 'paid' member of this site and am currently looking for another st. I asked a question about the stock vinyl stripes that come with the car (can they be removed?) and that was whisked away to a hidden forum. How is asking about some stickers a technical question???
Because the "free" sections are not or asking questions, they are for discussion. What you asked is technical, though not mechanical.

·
Registered
12,607 Posts
To answer your question, they can be removed yes. However, the paint may be a slightly different shade underneath depending on how the car is looked after.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Not really mate, this just happens a lot! I paid 6 quid for 6 months, has been well worth it! I've had so many questions answered, for a tenner it's well worth it.
Completely understand why it is asked a lot, although I haven't been an active member of the forums for a while I have been on here over three years popping in and out so see what you mean. I also found paid membership to be useful at times (headlight washers staying popped up in cold weather panic for example..!
). That said, it can be frustrating when I'm looking to 'get back into the st fold' to have a thread about something that is 'make or break' on a potential purchase (ie can I remove the white racing stripes without damaging the paint) moved to an inaccessible thread. Personally, I'm reluctant to buy membership until I have the car. That's my problem though I guess; nevertheless no hard feelings these forums are long running and successful and long may they be.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Being a member is well worth it in the last 10mins Ive saved over £100 off a sponsor, not including what Ive saved over the last 3 years being a member.

·
Registered
14,674 Posts
We move them as we come across them, often answering them as we go. Ta for pointing out one we have so far missed.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts