Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As title really, I've found them for sale on a few sites now but cant work it out with forum discount, and wondered if anyone has purchased one recently or knows the best place to get one from and how much i should expect to pay?

thanks

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Why do people change these items, and whats the benefit of doin it ???????
I just fitted a whiteline rarb on my st and the difference is like night and day, it's transformed the cars cornering capabilities it stops the body roll the st suffers & makes the car feel more planted (stable) around the corners one of the best modifications i have done to my ST.

·
Registered
319 Posts
It depends at what stage ure suspension spec is at if standard then to stiff a bar will make the car understeer as front suspension has more movement i think, but stiffen front end and all come back to neutral stiff handling with greater turn in. If you look at RS bars there stiffer and thicker than ST as actual suspension is a lot stiffer hence better handling.

·
Registered
7,959 Posts
It depends at what stage ure suspension spec is at if standard then to stiff a bar will make the car understeer as front suspension has more movement i think, but stiffen front end and all come back to neutral stiff handling with greater turn in. If you look at RS bars there stiffer and thicker than ST as actual suspension is a lot stiffer hence better handling.
The stiffer the rear ARB the less understeer you get. It works by taking the grip from the rear and moving it to the front so the car is then more likely to oversteer.

·
Registered
319 Posts
the bar i thought was to reduce lift of the inner front wheel around corners allowing it to keep in contact with the ground giving more grip but if not balanced to a certain extent would counteract what its ment to do.
I didnt like the bar effect in the wet until i upgraded the dampers which gave it a neutral stance with great turn in.
Whiteline recommend 24mm but not there motorsport (thicker) bar as suspension should all be upgraded for the car to handle properly

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.