Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having a dot 5.1 clutch fluid replacement on sat .
Reading previous posts some have also bled the clutch at the same time as it uses the same fluid ?
If this is right does anyone have a diagram or photo of where it is please and is it advisable to do this?
Cheers

·
Banned
6,700 Posts
QUOTE(james-st @ 17 Feb 2010, 06:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I'm having a dot 5.1 clutch fluid replacement on sat .
Reading previous posts some have also bled the clutch at the same time as it uses the same fluid ?
If this is right does anyone have a diagram or photo of where it is please and is it advisable to do this?
Cheers
Not got a photo to hand James but it's on the front of the gearbox down behind the front slam panel - you'll see a small black 90 degree elbow sticking out with a rubber cap over the bleed nipple. I believe it takes a good few pumps on the clutch pedal to get fluid thru to it, tho an ezibleed kit for the brakes may do the job for the clutch too.

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All went well last weekend with the DS2500 and new discs.
2nd Mot as well , not even one advisory

would recommend the ds2500 pads and dot5.1 fluid, brakes much better now.
old fluid was filthy.
used the old way of bleeding but did not push the pedal more than half way down.
also to fill the reservior just attach a tube to a small funnel and then put pipe in and fill.

took 1 ltr of fluid to do it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts