Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought the ST cos i was getting frustrated being sat behind cars doing 45ish in a national 60 and not being able to over take too easy in my last motor and have never really been interested in performance cars.

However since getting the ST 5 month ago ive put on

Stage 2 then 3 Bluefin
K&N panel filter then today changed it to A S induction kit
Miltec down pipe
Miltec sports cat
Blue Flame cat back
Radtec intercooler
Eibach springs
Waiting for spacers so i can put the RS wheels on

Just as i was thinking thats it im done, i take it for a spin to see what its like with the new induction kit and it seems the clutch is starting to slip when you hit the noisy pedal hard. So it looks like an uprated clutch will be on the cards soon

So when does all this modding stop

·
Registered
20 Posts
Mate, Ive not been in to modding cars for about 15 years now.. I instead focused (like the link there) my time on bikes, My current steed A ZX10R has had about 4K spent on it and is at the moment having a full respray!!!!!!

Anyway, I only purchased my Focus about 5 weeks ago and have already fitted K&N induction kit, DSCI tuning platform, ST Stripes and am looking for someone to fit an LSD as soon as humanly possible

As everyone is saying it never ends.. Happy spending!!!!

P.S. Are we all stupid there is a credit crunch happening?

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
you've only just started mate, lol, once you get the RS wheels you will have space to fit the AP 6 pots in there, and whilst the clutch is out its rude not to get the Quaife fitted! Plus a set of coilovers and front and rear anti-roll bars would firm things up nicely!

You never stop modding once you've started, there will always be "just one more" lol

·
Registered
481 Posts
I thought i would leave mine Standard and after going along to the Code Red BBQ last year i kind of got the bug
I am by no means claiming to have done loads but even stuff like the footwell lights mod seems to bring a smile to my face

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
After looking at the front tyres today i best put some money aside for my next tyres and i havent even got the wheels on yet

I like the idea of the dif and clutch though cos its a pain trying to use the power without problems

·
Registered
280 Posts
QUOTE(bigdcroad @ 31 Jan 2010, 04:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Mate, Ive not been in to modding cars for about 15 years now.. I instead focused (like the link there) my time on bikes, My current steed A ZX10R has had about 4K spent on it and is at the moment having a full respray!!!!!!

Anyway, I only purchased my Focus about 5 weeks ago and have already fitted K&N induction kit, DSCI tuning platform, ST Stripes and am looking for someone to fit an LSD as soon as humanly possible

As everyone is saying it never ends.. Happy spending!!!!

P.S. Are we all stupid there is a credit crunch happening?

owning an ST is proof alone that the credit crunch did not exhist.

·
Registered
477 Posts
QUOTE(Rick @ 31 Jan 2010, 05:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>you've only just started mate, lol, once you get the RS wheels you will have space to fit the AP 6 pots in there, and whilst the clutch is out its rude not to get the Quaife fitted! Plus a set of coilovers and front and rear anti-roll bars would firm things up nicely!

You never stop modding once you've started, there will always be "just one more" lol

Polite nudge Rick

Edit your signature "Spings"

Cheers

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.