Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With all these chronic roads and potholes I had to take my car to get the wheels rebalanced as it was shaking like mad at 60mph

I've been told now that my O/S/F alloy is damaged (out of shape) how is this possible and is it necessary I replace it ?

where do I stand about making a claim to the council also

seriously where is all our road tax going - it sure aint on the roads !!! better off driving on the moon

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
My brother tried to claim for wheel over three years ago, the case is still open but he gave up any hope many moons ago!

·
Banned
6,700 Posts
QUOTE(DaveCHCI @ 10 Feb 2010, 11:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>My brother tried to claim for wheel over three years ago, the case is still open but he gave up any hope many moons ago!
Try looking here for more info

www.potholes.co.uk

·
Registered
5,303 Posts
To be honest, damaged ST alloys are pretty common, my car had one too, big ding on the inside of a rear wheel. They can be pretty much balanced out but I bought a new wheel off STOC that someone was sellign as I wasnt happy driving on a damaged one. I think the combination of pretty low profile tyres, fairly high weight in the
and maybe softish alloy the wheels are made of make them susceptible.... On the plus side, a new alloy from Ford is not too expensive, about £200 if i remember correctly... You can try a claim, but knowing councils I would not hold my breath to get anything out of them... Would be worth checking the tyre wall too if you have hit a pot hole hard enough to ding a rim?

Mark

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
i think i`ve probably damaged a rim, coming back from leeds on monday night i hit a
pothole in lane 1 of the m62 motorway, the bang it made through the car was horrific, i pulled over and had a quick look at the nearside front and rear, i would have really liked a photo of the hole but i did`nt want to walk half a mile up the hard shoulder of the m62 in the dark, luckily the car still drove fine no shaking, pulling to one side or any bad vibs but it wont surprise me if the rim/tyre is damaged

shaun

1 - 5 of 5 Posts