Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Hi guys recently bought some eibach spacers that I'm thinking about fitting tomorrow, do they simply just bolt on and that's it? The thing I can't understand is why does the wheel not hit the original studs on the hub, prob a silly question.

Also anyone got a link to the new locking wheels nuts I will need McGuard I think?

Regards scott

·
Registered
7,012 Posts
Wheel spacers bolt on to your standard hubs then your wheels bolt on to the spacers.

If you have the standard Ford Locking wheel nut it won't fit the spacers, I put it on mine and the bolt on the spacer pushed the end of the locking wheel nut out.

These are what I use currently

http://www.mcgard.com/component/hikashop/product/875-cone-seat-under-hub-cap-wheel-lock-set-m12-x-15-thread-size-set-of-4-locks-and-1-key?vs_category=109&ymm_year=2006&ymm_make=Ford&ymm_model=Focus

They are open ended so no issues with bolt length.

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
Wheel spacers bolt on to your standard hubs then your wheels bolt on to the spacers.

If you have the standard Ford Locking wheel nut it won't fit the spacers, I put it on mine and the bolt on the spacer pushed the end of the locking wheel nut out.

These are what I use currently

http://www.mcgard.co...ymm_model=Focus

They are open ended so no issues with bolt length.
This must be on the 15mm spacers? Im running 20mm all round and was using the original ford locking nuts until it one broke a few months later from being overtighened and now im using the ones in your link,

·
Registered
545 Posts
To counter this problem you can cut one stud down slightly, I got mine from a good guy on here, who had already done this, result! I have, tho, painted the end of the cut ones to make things more obvious for the tyre monkeys,

·
Registered
622 Posts
I have purchased some spacers of a another forum member

20mm ebaich and 15mm h&r

And he said 1 thread is cut down and that's where the locking wheel nut goes but they are only cut down on the 20mm not the 15mm any body with spacers wanna shed some light on this.

·
Registered
7,012 Posts
I don't know as it was the 20mm spacer which broke my locking wheel nut. I changed the wheel nuts before I did the front wheels where the 15mm spacers are.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Yep just checked them again eibach 20mm cut and the H&r 155mm not cut.

Will I have issues.

If he used them then I should be alright. Unless he had his own locking will nuts

1 - 10 of 10 Posts