Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick question about the wheel nuts on the facelift st, Do the wheel nuts on the facelift no longer have the conical washers fitted to them like the ones fitted to earlier cars? The locking wheel nut has the conical washer fitted to it but the other ones do not. Also has anyone had the silver/chrome covers come off the nuts resulting in the wheel nuts going to a 18mm instead of the normal 19mm and did thy get replacements from ford under warranty?

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE(weSTie @ 9 Jan 2010, 08:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>not sure about your first question but ive had the same problem with covers coming off proper s
t dont think their covered under warranty. could do with a set of stainless nuts to replace them

yeah im not holing my breath with ford replacing the nut's

·
Registered
378 Posts
QUOTE(weSTie @ 9 Jan 2010, 08:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>not sure about your first question but ive had the same problem with covers coming off proper s
t dont think their covered under warranty. could do with a set of stainless nuts to replace them

We could do with a group buy on some decent nuts!!

Ford charge about £7 EACH for standard

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I have loads of Ford wheel nut sets (brand new) lying around, if anyone works out a reasonable price they would be willing to pay posted maybe I can sort something out for the price of a set?

Cheers

·
Registered
162 Posts
Hi chris don't think you will get the nuts under warranty. the nuts have changed on the facelift too the pre facelift, the shape of the new nuts doesn't need the conical washer. Which dealer do you use? I have some facelift nuts at work I will dig some out for you.

·
Banned
6,700 Posts
Have people actually tried to get nuts replaced by their dealers?

Unfortunately the data that drives Ford to fix the issue causing the covers to come off often comes from their warranty figures - so warranty claims are needed to get this on record and show Ford that the problem is adding to their warranty bill.

Course getting them to admit it's a warranty issue and replace the nuts is another matter

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QUOTE(ST Tommo @ 10 Jan 2010, 12:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi chris don't think you will get the nuts under warranty. the nuts have changed on the facelift too the pre facelift, the shape of the new nuts doesn't need the conical washer. Which dealer do you use? I have some facelift nuts at work I will dig some out for you.

Im currently using Bristol Street in Crewe, up to now they have been quite good as the local dealer to work did not want to know and did not even do the driveshaft TSB after i informed them of it after my car was clicking/metallic pinging when pulling away. TBH its a shame its not a Vauxhall as i would of hit it with the warranty stick

·
Registered
162 Posts
I'm guessing your refering to cliff ****os being near your work matey ? They are only a small dealer and only interested in service work not warranty work. The st does have a little bit of a clunky side to it, you just need to live with it lol. Ref the clicky rattlein it's prob the box it's self thats making the clicky metalic noises the vibra technics mount does reduce it, but you do get a vibration at idle. I do have one on my st and your welcome to try it an see what you think of it. I have some wheel nuts if you still need some? If so how many ? If you need any advice mate just pm me I am a ford master tech at Evans halshaw in northwich
and will always try to answer any questions. I'm also very good friends with Gary aka wolfman at profie automotive so we can sort most problems between us If you need any help.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
QUOTE(ST Tommo @ 11 Jan 2010, 10:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I'm guessing your refering to cliff ****os being near your work matey ? They are only a small dealer and only interested in service work not warranty work. The st does have a little bit of a clunky side to it, you just need to live with it lol. Ref the clicky rattlein it's prob the box it's self thats making the clicky metalic noises the vibra technics mount does reduce it, but you do get a vibration at idle. I do have one on my st and your welcome to try it an see what you think of it. I have some wheel nuts if you still need some? If so how many ? If you need any advice mate just pm me I am a ford master tech at Evans halshaw in northwich
and will always try to answer any questions. I'm also very good friends with Gary aka wolfman at profie automotive so we can sort most problems between us If you need any help.

Yeah thats them
The gearbox seems fine at the moment
its holding up very well compared to the M32 that was in my Astra (killed 2 of them
) Sine the TSB of the driveshafts has been done by BSM its stopped pinging when pulling away. I am thinking about getting a Vibra Tecnic's engine mount as i have notices a bit of a rock when changing gear quickly, similar to a MK2 mondeo with a failed torque resistor mount
Im not bothered about a bit of a viabration on idle as it will bring back memories of my RS1800

If i remember correctly 3 of the nuts have gone duff, prob more now since ive had the wheels off
so let me know how much you would like for them

And that's very handy to know ill promis not to mither you with questions as i know all to well whats its like

·
Registered
162 Posts
If you need any advice just ask matey. you can have the wheel nuts foc will bring some home tomoz for you. if you wanna show me the vibration on your car we could sort out going for a spin sometime I have had a few os drive shafts cause vibrations threw the car and they are covered under warranty! the offer is there if you wanna try my car too
just give me a shout when your passing.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts