Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone iv got a mk3 focus st 225 iv got a decat and k&n panel filter. I'm looking at getting a remap but there's so many to choose from and all so what's better handheld unit or going to say AMD and getting a one off tune ?

·
Registered
238 Posts
225 is a MK2.

I dont want to be a bore but if you sign up, the technial section is very detailed. Its only £10. Best £10 ive spent on my car!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Right ok let's start again
I'm am now officially a member now i signed up a min ago. Right that was a bit of a stupid question but what I'm after is people's opinions on handheld map units for instants iv been looking at the sct pumaspeed unit that comes with 5 different tunes that you can switch between as and when you want! I'm just in two minds weather to get this or just better off going down to AMD getting there one off map and having a dyno to show me my gains.
Just want some opinions so I can make my mind up

·
FocusSTOC Nut!
17,448 Posts
Right ok let's start again
I'm am now officially a member now i signed up a min ago. Right that was a bit of a stupid question but what I'm after is people's opinions on handheld map units for instants iv been looking at the sct pumaspeed unit that comes with 5 different tunes that you can switch between as and when you want! I'm just in two minds weather to get this or just better off going down to AMD getting there one off map and having a dyno to show me my gains.
Just want some opinions so I can make my mind up
I think AMD do Revo or Superchips maps mate.
you can't go wrong with the Pumaspeed handset as you can sell it on when you sell your ST

·
Registered
7,012 Posts
Pumaspeed handset would be my choice.
I run their map but not using a handset, it was a one shot map.

Other options are Dreamscience or Bluefin. I went from bluefin to Pumaspeed.

I should add I have only listed the handset options.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah that's true mate but with the pumaspeed it doesn't say if you can switch it back to standard I assuming you must be able to though?

·
Registered
520 Posts
i had bluefin sold it on here last week ive had it for just under a year,had it reset for free as it was under a year old, so bluefin for me cost £70 for a years worth of fun cant complain about that can you

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah pumaspeed are the only company that offer a handset that let's you chose from 5 different maps and lets you switch between them as many times as you want! So really the pumaspeed handset would be the best one to go for ��

·
Registered
520 Posts
dreamscience handset offers 5 maps too they come with 5 lives (thats 5 different cars you can install it on) so long as the car it comes off is returned to its stock settings​

·
Registered
606 Posts

Dreamscience only sell the Ultra handset with touch screen, it's an expensive bit of kit in my opinion but those that have them like them a lot. You can get the older stratagem hand sets from the classifieds here or on ebay, just make sure the car it's been used on has been returned to the stock map otherwise it won't work on your car, check it has a few lives left (lives = the number of cars it can be used on after the current car) this way you can use it and sell it on when you get fed up with it or sell your car. They usually come pre-loaded with five maps, DSCi being the most powerful of the five.

Dreamscience also sell the platform software to have on a laptop, this effectively works the same as a handset by loading the map via your laptop and OBD port, this is cheaper than buying the Ultra handset. New maps such as the Mod B/B+/C/X can be downloaded on to a handset or laptop platform at a small extra cost.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts