Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as per the title really, my car is going into ford next week for slave cylinder replacement under warranty, knowing how much cheaper the RS clutch is i would like to fit the rs clutch at the same time! looking on e-cat the slave cylinders have different numbers so im asuuming the rs slave is a direct fit only or is the ST slave okay with the rs clutch, also is there a website that does new ford parts cheap, I'm sure i saw it mentioned on the forum somewhere?!

cheers

·
Registered
675 Posts
QUOTE(scaredpassenger @ 14 Jan 2010, 03:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>as per the title really, my car is going into ford next week for slave cylinder replacement under warranty, knowing how much cheaper the RS clutch is i would like to fit the rs clutch at the same time! looking on e-cat the slave cylinders have different numbers so im asuuming the rs slave is a direct fit only or is the ST slave okay with the rs clutch, also is there a website that does new ford parts cheap, I'm sure i saw it mentioned on the forum somewhere?!

cheers

They wont allow you to change it for an RS unit under the warranty. Warranty parts are like for like. Mine was slipping and couldnt be bothered to argue with them, so I just stumpted up the money and changed the whole lot. Just got the car back today and its amazing the difference. Its now a manly clutch, takes a little getting used to as you can really feel it pushing back against your foot. Its bites a lot quicker and I have noticed that all previous problems I had with jerky movements has also dissapeared. Well worth getting it done IMO.

·
Registered
675 Posts
QUOTE(scaredpassenger @ 14 Jan 2010, 05:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>no no, you have the wrong end of the stick, im paying for the clutch, but the slave is covered by warranty! so im just paying parts for the clutch

are you saying you had the rs clutch fitted? and if so did you require other parts or not?

I had the full RS clutch kit, flywheel and slave cylinder fitted. The RS slave cylinder is a different part number, but looks identical. I suspect the RS Slave cylinder is uprated to cope with the extra load of the RS pressure plate. Your ST slave cylinder will mate to the RS clutch, but will it hold up to the extra pressures, over time probably not. The RS on is only £88 i think, I would change the whole lot if I were you.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the Rs slave is £103 something inc the VAT, but they wont fit that as a warranty repair, so i will just have to stump up for a standard st clutch, bummer!! lol

where can i find the cheapest st clutch then people???

·
Registered
675 Posts
QUOTE(scaredpassenger @ 14 Jan 2010, 07:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>the Rs slave is £103 something inc the VAT, but they wont fit that as a warranty repair, so i will just have to stump up for a standard st clutch, bummer!! lol

where can i find the cheapest st clutch then people???

The ST clutch kit is more expensive that the RS unit
. If your gonna pay the extra for the ST clutch, why not just buy the RS Slave cylinder, or will they not authorise the labour that way??

·
Registered
675 Posts
Pumabuild

And thats about as cheap as you will get it IMO. your looking at 6 hours labour, I paid £220 fitting. I got my parts at trade prices and still cost me £580, inc all bolts driveshaft seals etc.
If Pumabuilds price includes all these extras, which I assume it does, thats an impressive offer

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.