Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of selling my ST, want to know whats it worth.
Its an 07 reg ST 2 with 5200 miles from new,electric sunroof, parking sensors, climate control and standard without a mark on it, its silver and never had any paintwork.

·
Registered
10,290 Posts
Wow, that's barely run in!

I paid £13,000 for an 08 facelift ST3 with 8k on the clock.
That was from a Ford dealer.

So I'd say about £10k if you find the right buyer.
Likely to be a bit less though.

·
Registered
7,372 Posts
With such low mileage it may put people off

I think you'd be lucky to get 9k
I'd put it at around 8.5k

·
Registered
7,372 Posts
Why you say that?
Short trips for one. An engine with such low mileage, it's doubtful that its ever been driven correctly, or heated up correctly. Cars aren't meant to sit around like that

It's also more likely to have history.

It's also common with these low mileage examples that they don't get serviced properly. Backing up the cars history with service history is vital when you're trying to sell such a low millage car.

I'm not having a go at the OP. I'm just trying to make him realise that some people may be put off

·
Registered
10,290 Posts
Short trips for one. An engine with such low mileage, it's doubtful that its ever been driven correctly, or heated up correctly. Cars aren't meant to sit around like that

It's also more likely to have history.

It's also common with these low mileage examples that they don't get serviced properly.

I'm not having a go at the OP. I'm just hoping to make him realise that some people may be put off
No I suppose you're right.
Mine had only done 8k when I bought it at three years old.
But I went through the service history and MOTs to make sure everything added up.
It's had 5 services in just under two years so can't complain

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Has service history, previous owner only used it in summer and it was his baby!! Its low milage as its only been used as a summer car, the last owner had a J-reg fiesta RS turbo he had from new with 7000 on the clock and was sold to a collecter last year for £6000

·
Registered
418 Posts
i would have thought it would atleast get 10k! if its only worth 8.5 i might aswell sell my facelift with a few miles under its belt and buy a pre thats barely been used!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts