Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im in afghan at the moment.not home till march.was home for christmas and had the cr270 put on and a cat back.4.5 slash cut.
ive also been busy on fleabay whilst away
so far.. led sidelights,eyebrows,dmb chequer(small)gel overlays,brake light decal,(not sure if it will fit yet).. rhd reverse light from a member on here.. detailing kit. a tshirt..small st badge.. some other bits i cant think of right now.. ive had loads of help from people on the site.martin at tourqesteer,sky insurance,wolfman,to name a few..
looking forward to getting back,car is securely stored but i bet she needs a clean..also second service is due.getting rs spark plugs from martin,do you forsee a charge from ford when i take her in and ask them to fit them.?? i have a decent relationship with them,second st from them.(st 170 first).i dont have the cr handset either,if i explain this to them they wont wipe it will they??.any way very random post i know, but thanks for your time and help so far... look forward to the next nw meet. ste.

·
Registered
5,516 Posts
You certainly have a few things to do when you get home

I cant see the garage charging any extra to fit the RS plugs as it's not exactly a big job but I am not sure if the car has to be connected to their RDS for software updates on a service.

I see you are from Manchester so not far from Gary at Profile who do servicing, also you wont have to worry about the remap being overwritten

·
Registered
5,303 Posts
I would definitely take it to Gary at Profile / Wolf for the service rather than Ford... He WILL do a more thorough job and it will almost definitely be cheaper, plus as said above, no worries about your map getting overwritten.... And your warranty will not be affected as long as original ford parts where used with the numbers printed on the invoice, which I am sure GAry would normally do for a car less than 3 years old.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes i would be happier getting a service with gary and his team.was thinking about my warranty is all.i will contact him nearer the time.thanks again steven

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
QUOTE(****** @ 22 Jan 2010, 09:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>warranty is void once modded anyway so its irrelivant.

not really, Ford are more interested in service book being up to date when it comes to getting something done on warrenty than if its remapped, as long as your not claiming for a new ECU or the likes

Besides, Gary's servicing is done with Ford OE parts and retains full warrenty, he is a VAT registered garage etc etc, he knows what he is doing with the car, unlike most if not all the Ford garages i can think of round these parts! Plus iirc he's a little cheaper than Fords also, which is a bonus to be fair!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
to gary it is then. .
already feel better about it,knowing the car will be treatred properly..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts