Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i have the possibility to spend £10k soon on the st, but the question is wht will i get for that i already have 286bhp with the usual mods ds modc exhaust and ic and induction kit i want 350bhp plus any ideas please

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE(stan46 @ 20 Feb 2010, 03:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>10k and st will get you a rs

Not for me i wont be gaining anything if i was getting an rs id get the rs mk1 what a superb car biggest mistake i ever made getting rid of it you can get a gt28 340bhp mk1 rs for 11k but i want the st to be big power

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Morego looks good but i dont see much about head work,
i'd go for the phase 3 then put the other £2k towards getting some good head work done.
just so (as said) the engine dont go pop lol

·
Registered
293 Posts
I Must admit I wouldnt put 3k into the ST let alone 10k......there are some serious machines out there for you budget....might even be able to get yourself a Skyline R34 GTR for 20k+

·
Registered
135 Posts
QUOTE(gray @ 20 Feb 2010, 05:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>yep.. 10k on the st will be dead money..

Completely agree. Whilst im into my cars and enjoy moding them and plan to mod the ST i could not justify it on a car that might only be worth £10k in itself at this present moment in time (dont know what your car is) but if it was an 05 plate ST2 then £10k is about the going rate now.

The £10k cash you have + £10-15k for your ST (spec and age dependent) gives you £20-£25k to play with which could buy you some nice cars with a RWD or AWD drivestrain. a 350bhp FWD ST doesnt seem all that much fun to me, ive seen how much axle tramp, torque steer and wheel spin an ST with 270ish BHP has. Another £2k and i reckon you could buy an RS4 or for approx £5k an E90 M3. Both will imo be superior cars and i would imagine considerably quicker. However its your money, your choice...my personal opinion is though that you would be
that £10k up the wall.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
QUOTE(Rob @ 20 Feb 2010, 06:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Get an Evo 9 or X depending on your taste?

Hey guys thanks for the comments i do understand what your all saying, btw mine is an 07 st-3 not sure what its worth like, but after taking your comments on board i may be forced to change my mind on modding the ST more lol, im looking at Ek9 type r civics, and like i mentioned before the gt28 mk1 focus rs with 340bhp both are wicked cars i may be pushed toward the RS as i owned 1 previously and it had 270bhp and was far faster than my 286bhp ST lol just Raw raw power

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Don't spend 10k on your st .. Either trade it and add the cash for much faster car ( as mentiond ) or Keep the st & spend 5k on a cheap track weapon and then plough the rest into tuning that ?! That's what I'd do ...Don't spend 10k on your st .. Either trade it and add the cash for much faster car ( as mentiond ) or Keep the st & spend 5k on a cheap track weapon and then plough the rest into tuning that ?! That's what I'd do ...

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.