Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

As the title suggests, I'm in need of a new set of tyres and am looking for recommendations.

Been advised on Eagle F1s but have recently seen a few people say Rainsport 3s.

Whats your preference?

Cheers

Registered
Got another Maxxis VS01 to go on the rear, matching the one I got a while back in an emergency. Fine grip from them so far, even in tonights soaking weather...

Cant say the same about my part-worn GY Assy2s... hopeless.
i had them on the front.well no actually it was the asy 1,no way as good a grip as the uniroyal in the wet,i eevn have some on the bmw now,i had some tool up my :censored: wanting a dust up yesterday in the rain,so i just gave it a little round a round about then onto slip road which has a good left hand bend,ha ha he was left behind snaking all over the place,i wasnt even giving it loads,just enough for to stay safe.was in the bmw like.

Registered
Matching tyres used to cause me real issues due to different rim sizes 7jx15, 8.5jx15, each pair of tyres fitted in a different 'segment of the market' so rarely could you find a matching tyre for each axel.

The manufacture had a set of recommended tyres only available via the main dealers (nearest one is 50 miles away) they were very expensive and supply was very hit or miss.

The arrival of track focused tyres has been a god send

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.