Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to see what u lot would do if u was in my shoes I can keep the st or get a evo8 or a hawkeye Subaru sti or a supra twin turbo the question is what would u do

·
Registered
465 Posts
Hard question that mate and only one person can answer it, you

Subaru and Evo have the advantage of 4 wheel drive but without the comfort of the ST

·
Registered
4,365 Posts
Not really a answer but if you want to change go for it mate, but i am sure the other will take a little more to run.

Les

·
Registered
480 Posts
out of any of them I would plumb for the Supra, provided it was a TT6, preferably with the BPU pack (intercooler, de-cat and uprated fuel pump) which should push around 400bhp, but even the supras are a little long in the tooth now and feel dated inside.

The EVOs and the Scoobies are nice cars, but 20% of the power is instantly lost through the awd system and they're just chav magnets and because of this are stupid to insure. I could easily have bought numerous examples of all 3 motors with the money I have in my ST but the insurance would be 4 times as high. I've got better things to spend my money on than that!

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I only drive my car weekends really so running costs dont matter I had 5 scooby in the past no evo's and dad got a supra the scooby is running pro drive 305bhp the evo is 270bhp and supra between 400/500 bhp or do I just put money into the st and make her naughty

·
Registered
7,012 Posts
I wouldn't swap my ST for any of them genuinely, my own reasons as I've already owned a scooby.
I Love Evo's but a 270bhp one isn't going to be as fast as my ST and would cost a lot to modify to get where I would want it to be.

The Supra, would be amazing but running costs would scare me.

Only you know what you should do though, it's down to personal preference, they are all great cars in different ways, the ST included.

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
supra if you want a new car but if it was my cash to splash i would put most of it in the st and have a nice sunny holiday over winter... ;-)

·
Registered
12,607 Posts
The Supra TT is one of my dream cars, although I don't know if I could live with the 90's interior any more. A brief stamp on the throttle would change that I'm sure.
The Evo 8 is a cracking looking car, but the 4.5K service schedule would annoy me to no end.
Scoobies - Meh. Everyone has one.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
If you don't do track days don't bother with a Evo. Such a boring car on the road unless you're happy to drive above the legal speed limits.

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
If you don't do track days don't bother with a Evo. Such a boring car on the road unless you're happy to drive above the legal speed limits.
what do you mean by that mate?? to planted to the road to make it intresting unless bombing along??

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
what do you mean by that mate?? to planted to the road to make it intresting unless bombing along??
The car is made to be driven fast and corner at silly speeds. Unless you don't care about your driving licence and are willing to push the car really hard on the road I don't see the point in having one.

They also rattle and make different nosies every time you drive it. Young people tailgate you, old people stare at you and some numpties say "nice impreza mate".

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
The car is made to be driven fast and corner at silly speeds. Unless you don't care about your driving licence and are willing to push the car really hard on the road I don't see the point in having one.

They also rattle and make different nosies every time you drive it. Young people tailgate you, old people stare at you and some numpties say "nice impreza mate".
you dont seem to happy with it mate??

but i do like impreza's mate... sorry i mean evo

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
andy,ask your girlfriend from me to give you a slap ,spend your money modding the st, know we have the block mod we can acheive big power as you no from my st

1 - 20 of 23 Posts