Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
1,285 Posts
The front windows are as dark as they can be when they left the factory. They CANNOT be any darker than they already are.

The rears however, can be a dark as you like and they break no law

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
QUOTE(Storm @ 25 Feb 2010, 11:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The front windows are as dark as they can be when they left the factory. They CANNOT be any darker than they already are.

+1 Can't say it any better than that, both fronts and rears are at 70% I think and Windscreen is 75%, as Storm said only the rears can be made any darker legally.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
I was advised by Storm to go to Terry the tint man, especially as you're in the Essex area, can PM you his number if you want, think it was under £100 for the all the rears. Not had mine done yet though.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
it ant worth the trouble doing the fronts ever i had mine done and ended up with a pg9 and if the the
got seen on the road after 24hours off the pg9 was given still with the tints the car could get took off me ,

i sort off under stand that the police would like to see the person driving the car or what was happening in the car but it does feel like were all criminals and all being treated like criminals

·
1,285 Posts
QUOTE(c.b @ 25 Feb 2010, 12:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I dont get why the police seem to leave the 4x4's alone, they they are the worst culprits for it

The police don't leave 4x4's alone... you just probably never see them stopping them!! They are indeed one of the worst culprits... but all get treated equally

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QUOTE(Storm @ 25 Feb 2010, 11:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The front windows are as dark as they can be when they left the factory. They CANNOT be any darker than they already are.

Ok thanks man.I didn't realise the fronts were already at the limit,hardly seem tinted to me lol

·
Registered
544 Posts
QUOTE(Mart170 @ 25 Feb 2010, 11:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I was advised by Storm to go to Terry the tint man, especially as you're in the Essex area, can PM you his number if you want, think it was under £100 for the all the rears. Not had mine done yet though.

Yes please. Do you have an address at where this terry the tint man is located?

·
1,285 Posts
QUOTE(Lucozade @ 25 Feb 2010, 01:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Yes please. Do you have an address at where this terry the tint man is located?

He is up in South Woodham Ferrers....

He charged me £25 per window, no matter what tinit you want and his team are fab

·
1,285 Posts
QUOTE(S11nny @ 25 Feb 2010, 01:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I'm looking to get 75% or 80% for fronts and 50% rears.... As some people are saying that the fronts are 20% tinted,is that if you have privacy glass ??

You CANNOT have anything put on the fronts if you want to abide by the law. The car comes from the factory with the maximum tint allowed on the fronts... thats as dark as it can be. If you get the fronts done, prepare for lots of negative comments on here as well as the police feeling your collar and getting you to peel them off and then fining you as well...

.QUOTE(Lucozade @ 25 Feb 2010, 01:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hullbridge Road?

Umm... up beside the Skoda dealers from the main roundabout off the A130.. I forget the name...

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
QUOTE(S11nny @ 25 Feb 2010, 01:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I'm looking to get 75% or 80% for fronts and 50% rears.... As some people are saying that the fronts are 20% tinted,
is that if you have privacy glass ??

Privacy glass is only supplied in the rear windows of the car mate.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
If your car doesn't have privacy glass as an option are your front windows still pre tinted to the legal limit?

I know its ilegal to touch the windscreen with any sort of tint but thought there was a slight tint allowed on the driver and passenger windows

Sorry if I seem like a noob but just want to make sure anything I do is going to be legal

·
1,285 Posts
The windows in the front (ie the drivers door & passenger door window) are already tinted to their maximum at the factory so no tints can be added to those windows if you want to stay within the law.

Any windows behind the two front doors, you can do whatever colour you like

Hope the piccie below helps!

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
QUOTE(Andy_ST @ 25 Feb 2010, 02:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>If your car doesn't have privacy glass as an option are your front windows still pre tinted to the legal limit?

I know its ilegal to touch the windscreen with any sort of tint but thought there was a slight tint allowed on the driver and passenger windows

Sorry if I seem like a noob but just want to make sure anything I do is going to be legal

I think all cars that are less than about 10 years old have pre tinted windows these days. Only really old models will have the old style plain glass. correct me if I'm wrong though!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.