Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
right guys n gals, what part of the engine/enginebay runs on for a few seconds after the ignition is switched off??? as this is what is giving me my constant noise!!!

·
Banned
6,700 Posts
Reckon it's the power steering pump myself - you can usually hear something kick in as soon as you get in the car before the ignition is even turned on and i reckon this is the power steering pump kicking in and getting itself up to pressure, then it takes some time again to power down once the ignition goes off?

The turbo will keep spinning for a while too

·
Registered
293 Posts
the EPAS electronic power assisted stearing runs for a few seconds after ignition off its motor noise and it sounds like it just dies it doesnt power up till a second after engine start either due to the power it draws from the altonator..... fuel pump comes on first for obvious reasons really

·
Registered
699 Posts
sorry for the slight hijack.. but when i turn my ignition off i hear quite a loud click... its just the once it happens..but since i had my dreamscience cais fitted the click is louder, sounds a bit like a clonk now..

·
Registered
24,177 Posts
QUOTE(RobboST @ 3 Feb 2010, 01:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>sorry for the slight hijack.. but when i turn my ignition off i hear quite a loud click... its just the once it happens..but since i had my dreamscience cais fitted the click is louder, sounds a bit like a clonk now..

I think this clonk is the locking mechanism in the VVT system! The VVT runs on oil pressure so if it didnt lock when the engine was turned off the valve timing would be all wrong when the engine was next started! No idea why it would be louder with DS though lol! I think youre imagining it!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.