Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive got an 55plate electric orange focus st and had it remapped and was told it was a 265bhp 320ft-lbs torque and payed £200 for it ive seen a pumaspeed remap device and intercooler package deal on there website for £500 and was wondering if thats a good deal and is it a good remap because if so im gonna get my money back and buy that

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
sign up to a full member there are thousands of threads like this t search through..
also you will get discount on remaps etc being a member, and through a reconised tuning company if yours isnt.

i cant comment on pumaspeed, but everyone likes there remaps the best so it will be up to you

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I found a guy on the internet and payed him todo it i live in north london my car is running weird! sometimes it goes into esp system fault and wont go past 4k revs and all the traction control is turned offbut that doesnt always happen only sometimes i was only mentioning the pumaspeed remap and intercooler as the package deal was £500 dont really wanna spend anymore but dont wanna buy cheap products lol i know i bought a cheap remap but if this deal is any good i was going to get a refund and buy this kit

·
Registered
782 Posts
Sounds dodgy! There are plenty of tried and trusted places/companies that remap the ST, just check around the forums here

This is more for the technical discussion section also ;-)

·
Registered
7,012 Posts
I can recommend Pumaspeed. I had he intercooler in that package before I upgraded to their big one but the intercooler in the package is good for 330bhp easily.
I'm also running a Pumaspeed map but its the Ultimate 412 map which is a much bigger map than you will require.

I can recommend Pumaspeed though. Tony the owner is a great guy and very knowledgable. He's been tuning fords for well over 10 years

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What remap would i go for with there intercooler and what gains would i gain with no extra mods as thats all i wanna do to it?

·
Registered
681 Posts
Your probably best speaking to them directly. It might also be worth letting them have the car to have a look at the fault codes and make sure theres no damage done.

·
Registered
480 Posts
mods are like a bird's cherry mate, once its popped she ain't gonna stop!

worse still, intercoolers are condoms, once it's popped its no good at all.

plan for the future or you could end up with suprises 9 months later!!

·
Registered
7,012 Posts
What remap would i go for with there intercooler and what gains would i gain with no extra mods as thats all i wanna do to it?
I think 260-270 is realistic with a remap and intercooler maybe more. Give them a call and speak to Tony or Chris and they will see you right and give you all the advice you need.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts