Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

right well i am looking to get a pressure washer for the car, doesnt have to be uber powerful or anything i just want it so i can snowfoam and use it for rinsing! I just feel a bit weary attacking the car in the state that its in with a washmitt!

can anyone reccommend me a good washer to suit my needs?

and what snowfoam stuff to use??

thanks in advance

·
Registered
360 Posts
Cant really comment on pressure washer, i use an old Karcher myself which does the job depends on your budget. I can recommend getting a good snow foam lance and i use Valet Pro PH Neutral snow foam to good effect. See link below;

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/washing-and-...m/prod_500.html

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/washing-and-...s/prod_371.html

The lance is available for various pressure washers.

Snow foam is great for lifting the gritty particles and softening the dirt, just a gentle rinse then its ready for a good quality wash mit and two buckets.

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
The newer lower end karchers are good value for just cleaning the car. The more expensive you go, generally the higher the pressure (for cleaning brickwork, paving etc). If its just for the car try Argos or Tesco for a Karcher, I got mine for under £70. Just have a look for one with a built in detergent hose out of the front, then you can use it to wash n wax the car aswell. The links above from AC555 for snowfoam lance are the ones you need!

This is the one I brought

Karcher 2.14

I then went and got a 6m extension hose from ebay for about £20 and thats it! Dont get a car brush it will swirl up your paintwork.

·
Registered
545 Posts
As for pw, any which one will do you, prob down to cost and what you envisage doing with it in the future. For snowfoam I cannot see past Bilt Hamber Autofoam, it doesn't give it all that shaving foam blanket appearance, which may appear disappointing, but it does mobilise the dirt and works far better than most IMHO

·
Registered
11,382 Posts
Get the smallest (Lightest to move around the car and store etc)/cheapest Karcher you can, B&Q have one for under £50 at the moment, then get a propert snow foam lance and I would also recomend the Valet Pro PH Neutral also.

You can also get a preasur ehose extension for baout £13 form B&Q (the ones with the preasurewashers are always to short.

Nb remeber you will still have to wash the car after the snow foam do not beleive the guys who say all the dirt just rinses off, but it is fun

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the info guys! just the info i wanted

haha yeah well i just wanted a bit of fun when washing the car and just to be able to give it a soak when it is caked! then i can give the car a proper 2 bucket wash!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.