What Power Should My Car Be Running With These MODS

• Remap
• Intercooler
• K&N Panel Filter

Bhp - Ft lbs torque ??

·
Registered
7,372 Posts
Going on the "other" thread I do believe it's the DSCi map!!
Just spotted it Ryan

Tbh you'll probably be pushing around 250-260 bhp.

You'll need a sports cat an a down pipe to truly let the engine breathe.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ye DSCI sont wanna change any parts on the exhaust as im done with the loud exhaust noises as have a family car now lol �� 5Door would the sport cat make it alot louder?

Then Why did Dream science lie to me and say that it will run 265bhp with no other mods lying b#%**s

·
Registered
7,372 Posts
It would make it louder. With the standard catback. I aren't sure how much.

Have a look on YouTube. There's plenty of videos.

And all cars a different. You can't expect every one to make the quoted figures. Some make more. Some make less unfortunately.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Sod the search. It's

I've put in exact thread titles before and what do I find? That's right, nothing......
I've only ever used key words before, but using the advanced search function just now to specifically look for exact thread titles has found each and every one.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
They're not necessarily lying to you.

The IC and filter wont give you much power gain at all, they will just enable your map to work to it's potential.

With the map, IC and filter you could get anything between 250-265. Outputs will vary depending on the car.

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
962 Posts
Ye DSCI sont wanna change any parts on the exhaust as im done with the loud exhaust noises as have a family car now lol �� 5Door would the sport cat make it alot louder?

Then Why did Dream science lie to me and say that it will run 265bhp with no other mods lying b#%**s
I'm fairly sure they haven't exactly lied to you buddy, more like giving you maximum power gains from perfect conditions and the right car. Don't forget Superchips advertise their Bluefin unit as a 50bhp gain. Even if you get 250bhp, I'd say from a £400 investement that's pretty good!!

·
Registered
794 Posts
As Alex and Geoff have noted, the air intake is unliekly to be the most restrictive part on the car following a remap. There are people happily running tuned STs on panel filters. It's the same as people shoving a cat-back exhaust on and expecting the car to outperform a Ferrari; you may as well replace the window wipers.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts