Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Well we are all here for the same reason, we love our Focus ST's but what other hobbies do you guys have?

Me I carry on the car theme and i'm quite into my RC cars, currently have 4 in the collection 2 nitro's, 1 petrol and 1 brushless electric. Well anyway here are the pics and vids...

26cc Petrol 1/5th Scale

2x Nitro 1/8th Scale

Our last outing with nitro

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=SBJfoHIWWnY[/media]

Petrol Baja after rebuild

[media]http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Rg3CnaL_eE8

So ladies and gentleman what are your other hobbies?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi

Well My other hobbies are 1st Flying Helicopters then second Fishing.

I have been flying Helicopters for about 4/5 years now, I started due to seeing my cousin flying one and i was so amazed that i had to try it out, The day i started learning was the second most expensive day ever, thats after getting my EOST, any here you go some piccys for you.

DSC_0493.JPG

See they can fly upside Down

DSC_0493.JPG

And this is what happens when you get to close to the Corn

DSC_0625.JPG
DSC_0620.JPG

This is a Scale Airwolf I used to own, This has not been sold to fund other items

DSCF0013.JPG
DSCF0015.JPG

Hope You like.

Attachments

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Love watching heli's and the acrobatics, very nice... also the Schumacher is very cool.

·
Registered
39 Posts
My main hobby apart from cars is playing Lacrosse for Rochdale i'm currently no1 in the country for my position!

I spend the rest of my time in the gym and with my family.

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
Mine is slightly more geeky! I am currently building a large Scalextric track 7ft by 15ft in the loft complete with full scale scenery, buildings, electrics (lighting, lap timers, start gantry etc). I was going to do a bit more on the plastering then I was going to make my own thread. Here's one for a teaser: This is the first attempt at the safety car/emergency services area.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Very cool Dave, if you're like me the geekier the better.... I've always wanted a large scalextric like that.

My other passions are audio visual.

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
I aim to finish it (raceable) within trhe next 6 months so being local you can come and have a blast, maybe even a race night for the Stoke guys on here??? I've already got mates, dudes from work, family, neighbours, all wanting organised race nights so why not add another to the list!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh yeah definitely up for some of that, start a competition or league would be awesome.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Hi all,

Loving the vids and and pics of the rc cars ,my hobbies are fishing i tend to get around Kent to different fishing venue's and my second Hobie is cars cars and more cars lol , I live about 100 yards from brands hatch so i tend to pop down there quite a lot also i use to work there so have a few friends still there which helps
and tell you the truth i cant stay away from the place lol i have a few pics from a day at brands

Attachments

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Some of those cars make me weak at the knees, I used to do a lot of fishing, nothing used be better than a day in the sun on a peaceful lake, unfortunately not done it for years.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Some of those cars make me weak at the knees, I used to do a lot of fishing, nothing used be better than a day in the sun on a peaceful lake, unfortunately not done it for years.
yer mate the crazy thing about brands is they drive there cars like an old xr3i lol or some thing like that loads off crashes etc some peeps down there have too much money i think lol
and taking about fishing Ive haven't been much yet this year due to weather but should be going tomorrow to a river up in tunbridge wells

·
Registered
481 Posts
I spend rest of my time watching rugby league although i no longer play due to age and injuries. I used to race motorbikes but stopped that due to yes thats right injuries
So now i just mountain bike for fun.

P.S
Loving the RC cars last i had was a Hyper 7 PBS

·
Registered
123 Posts

mccormackc - I've always been interested in getting started with RC Helis. I had the use of one of these for a while and really enjoyed it. http://www.datakits....ong-p-4722.html

I was starting to get the hang of it only using it indoors but it always seemed very twitchy. I suspect this was because of it's cheap build and some of the higher end models are a little more precise in their control but I know fine well I'd overspend and dig it into the ground first go. Can you recommend a good "starter" model that won't break the bank?

Are the flightsims any good for learning?

·
President of the Universe
3,942 Posts
This is a Scale Airwolf I used to own, This has not been sold to fund other items

View attachment 38328
View attachment 38329

Hope You like.
This thread is now meaningless - nothing can top this.

This man used to own Airwolf.

I'll say that again.

This. Man. Used. To. Own. Airwolf.

The sheer magnitude of epic winningness exhibited here cannot be underestimated.

mccormackc --> You are officially a God.

Admin --> Please close this thread as a mark of respect. Thank you.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Ooh, I love a game of crib!!!

I don't really have any hobbies that I do regularly - I go to the gym, I used to be an Adult Sergeant with the Air Training Corps and I do an occasional cross stitch for wedding pressies/births etc.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts