Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
So my phone contract is ending between xmas/new year and I am not really clued up on phones. I'd like to be spending about £25 a month so doubt i'd be able to get an Iphone 5, and don't really want a 4S, duno why?? I know someone who works at a phone shop but do not trust him 100% and imagine he'll try and get me to have the one that best suits his sales figures/bonus if they get one.

Any suggestions?? I'm probably going to get an Android phone. I've been looking at the Xperia T, and it looks pretty smart. But am open to some constructive opinions/suggestions. My LG phone really is pretty poor, and I should really have done some research prior to drunkenly ordering it 2 years ago after drinking for 5 hours!

Please don't turn this into an IPhone vs the world thread

Cheers peeps
x

·
Registered
433 Posts
im old school and love my nokia n95 possibly one of the best phones i have ever had but i do HATE touch screens with a passion! but having said that my mrs has nokia lumia and its the first touch screen phone that i havent wanted to run over with a truck and brother in law even converted to one as he was so jealous of his sister

the only negative is zune (what you use for transfering music etc between phone and cpu) but even that is ok once you get used to it

·
Registered
962 Posts
The Galaxy s3 can be picked up for around 30 on some networks now. It's incredible value for what is currently the best available smartphone on the market. I'm sure you'll get all the iPhone sheep jumping on the bandwagon, but how they can keep throwing their money on something that only changes so minutely every year is beyond me. I've had Samsung now since the first galaxy incarnation and I've never experienced the 'phantom' problems that get banded about by over zealous Apple fanatics.

·
Registered
12,607 Posts
You can get the S3 for 26 quid a month on orange/t-mobile. Unlimited texts and 200 minutes. Perfect for me but my contract doesn't end until Feb at which point I'll be waiting for the next Samsung release.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Ive got a iPhone 4 and my contracts nearly up, im gonna be going for a sim only contract as i have the phone already so not gonna buy another one.

There is barely any difference in the iPhone 4s and 5 appart from size. so dont count it out of your options

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Take a look at the Nexus 4, from Google. Buy the handset from Google Play and then pop a Giff Gaff sim in it. Cheaper than a contract in the long run and you'll have one of the best handsets on the market. Check out www.CNET.co.uk for reviews...

·
Registered
6,203 Posts
Apple are being accused of not being innovative with their latest phone. They need to wake up and stop being complacent because they are being overtaken by other devices. Android are very strong with tablet and phone but the Nokia Lumia 920 with Windows Phone 8 is getting great reviews and winning many of the 'versus' reviews. If you want the best hardware then the 920 is it. If you want something smaller, lighter and cheaper then the Nokia 820 or HTC 8X.

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for the input peeps, I'm lost when it comes to new technology so will have a surf about the net to find reviews/comparisons on all the above mentioned phones. I'd love an Iphone but would have to be the 5 which is probably out of my league, I'd also like a bigger screen as I play games at work when we have nout on. It's nice to have some impartial recommendations based on nothing but phones and experiences

Keep any recommendations coming in as I have until the 28th/29th to make my mind up.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts