Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Sorry if this question has been asked before - running turbo back exhaust/k&n pannel filter getting a i/c asap.
Running dsci just now,i have up to mod x on my handset.
What mod map can i run when the i/c is fitted.
Cheers and a merry xmas to all.

·
Registered
590 Posts
I'm running mod b+ with induction, RS clutch, i/c and downpipe. Rest of the exhaust is standard. Hasn't got that shove that dsci gives you but is much more progressive.

·
Registered
570 Posts
I think they recommend an RS oil cooler (or a better one than the standard ST cooler) for Mod X, but other Mod maps should be fine once the I/C is on. Oh and if you're wanting 300+ bhp then an induction kit may be needed but up to 300bhp the standard air box is fine.

Keep an eye on that clutch though

·
Registered
12,607 Posts
I think they recommend an RS oil cooler (or a better one than the standard ST cooler) for Mod X, but other Mod maps should be fine once the I/C is on. Oh and if you're wanting 300+ bhp then an induction kit may be needed but up to 300bhp the standard air box is fine.

Keep an eye on that clutch though
ModX is fine without the cooler, I thought it was only TurboX that needed it?

·
Registered
570 Posts
ModX is fine without the cooler, I thought it was only TurboX that needed it?
It will run without the uprated I/C but with how restrictive and small it is I'd imagine that you wouldn't be getting the full bhp potential out of the map and it would lose bhp by the second the harder you drive it due to the air temps entering the engine which are constantly getting hotter due to poor cooling. This may not be an issue during winter but during the warmer summer months this will most likely make the ecu's safety system kick in and it will back off the power regardless of how hard you press the accelerator. Not sure if it goes into limp mode but it will definitely limit the power of the car.

·
Registered
12,607 Posts
It will run without the uprated I/C but with how restrictive and small it is I'd imagine that you wouldn't be getting the full bhp potential out of the map and it would lose bhp by the second the harder you drive it due to the air temps entering the engine which are constantly getting hotter due to poor cooling. This may not be an issue during winter but during the warmer summer months this will most likely make the ecu's safety system kick in and it will back off the power regardless of how hard you press the accelerator. Not sure if it goes into limp mode but it will definitely limit the power of the car.
I was referring to the oil cooler you mentioned. The IC is a given

·
Registered
570 Posts
I was referring to the oil cooler you mentioned. The IC is a given
Oh haha my bad. Yes for turbo X it is need, and I'm pretty sure I read somewhere on their site they recommended having the RS oil cooler for mod X although it may have said something like for those who do track days as the standard one couldn't cope with the oil temps produced.

Edit: Just found it on their site. http://www.dreamscience-automotive.co.uk/ford-focus/tuning/stratagem/815-stratagem-x-upgrade.php
They only say its needed for track use

1 - 7 of 7 Posts