Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As above really, anyone know the part number or product code for the actual filter ? Wondered if it might be worth having a spare sitting on the shelf.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE(stingy @ 20 Jan 2010, 04:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>dont k&n filters have a lifetime/million mile warranty? just need a cleaning kit mate

This is true
But if the worst happened & I knackered it up somehow (dropped it, poked a hole in it etc) I'd be stuffed, I couldn't go off & get another one.

All just a query really, if one came up cheap it might be worth having. Was really trying to find part number without having to take mine off to look

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE(Dreamscience Flash @ 20 Jan 2010, 09:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi Mate

It's RC-3870 and we stock these, we also have a cheaper Piper replacement in stock, they use less oil and more foam if you prefer, good filters.

[email protected]

Cheers Jared, all the right info as ever

·
Registered
275 Posts
I'd order the K&N from dreamscience. But I must add when I went to dreamscience the order of K&Ns hadn't come in again as K&N have been letting them down with deliveries so Jared did me a massive favour and said he would go to halfords and get a temporary filter to put on then send me the K&N in the post. It was a ripspeed filter and it looked similar to a K&N but costs only £27.99.
I was gobsmacked when we put it on the rollers and my car made 305bhp and 355ftlbs torque.
It felt good on the road too pulling early and now I have the K&N installed I can actually confirm the HALFORDS/Ripspeed filter whistled and dumped louder.
I am going to see the difference in results when I get my car rolling roaded again on feb 6th and decide whether to change back to the cheap ripspeed filter.
Jared is actually trying a BMC filter in his at the mo which BMC say is their best.

·
Registered
5,303 Posts
Boovy,

not sure I would trust a Ripspeed filter to actually keep the dirt out of my engine, which is what its actually there for...... K&N or Piper would be my choice depending if you want foam or pleated, as sold by DS....

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
QUOTE(rosscopeco13 @ 21 Jan 2010, 08:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>No probs wolfy i only know as im thinking about buying a ds cais

Well stop thinking about it at once.

DO IT NOW

Cheers

Bob

1 - 11 of 11 Posts